Can't access Craigs list from my home. What to do?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Murphy, May 15, 2006.

1. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

The thread says it all. I cannot connect to Craig's List from any of the computers in my home. Its the only website that gives me a problem. I get the cannot connect/server error on both IE and Firefox. So far, I've tried clearing the cookies, shutting down the firewall and rebooting everything. After all that, I was able to connect to the Boston Craig's List homepage ( www.boston.craigslist.org ) once, but got the same error after clicking on a link. I'm connected to the internet using a wireless router and DSL modem. Any help correcting this will be greatly appreciated.

2. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Just a shot in the dark here, but is it possible your firewall is blocking it out? Assuming you have a firewall, perhaps the site got accidentally blocked?

3. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
  4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Did you check your 'localhosts' file, do you get a DNS error or do you happen to go elsewhere or what? Some spyware, spam has been known to trick your browser for certain IP addresses although I would check your firewall, and other stuff mentioned here first..

Jay