What's new

Can't access AOL mail from work (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Is it just me or has anyone else been unable to access their AOL mail (using the screen name service) the last few days?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I get a box saying: "sorry, we're not able to log you in right now. Please try again later." It gives no other info.

I get this both on MSIE and Netscape and it worked fine until Wednesday morning. I've tried cache-clearing and rebooting, with no effect.

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Are you trying to use the web based e-mail or the acutal software. If you are using the client there could easily be a block at the router and or firewall preventing access. I know my company does that at all the remote offices since they don't want the bandwidth wasted. Or if its web based can you ping it or do a tracert, to the aol web mail page, does it find the site (I don't know the URL)?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I'm using the web-based email. I don't actually run AOL from work. I can get to the aol.com site and also to the screen name sign-in page but after I try to log on I get that message. I had been using it with no problems until a few days ago.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Amen to that..why folks use AOL these days is beyond me.

p.s. Hope you solve your problem Marvin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks