What's new

Canon SD100 Questions about Memory Sticks (1 Viewer)

Stephen-R

Agent
I know a weird subject. But I would like to convert my photos made with this camera so I can use it on a memory stick and play it in my TV ( KV34HS510 ). I didn't realize that it has to be in a Sony format. I have a Canon i900D printer with a card reader, I bought that Memory Stick hoping to just dump to it and play it in my TV.

Is there any way to convert the files to a Sony format so this will work?

BruceH

Auditioning
Stephen,

Sorry, can't help you with the specifics of the Sony format, but...if your system supports it, you could burn your photos onto a CD and then view them on your TV through your DVD player.

Bruce

Stephen-R

Agent
Thanks Bruce,

You are right. I can do that. But I have this 128meg memory stick and I wanted to use it. As much as I like my TV made by Sony. I am annoyed they made the memory stick adapter on the TV only to be accepted by Sony cameras. That is lame in my book. They did that so they would sell their cameras. I have had a Sony camera in the past, a Mav-83 with Floppy Drive media (Which was Cool in its day). The reason I like the Canon SD100 is that it uses the SD memory. That way I can just stick it in my Ipaq PDA and have my family photos at my finger tips.

But I thank you for your reply.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
What, do Sony cameras put some special file on the stick that allow it to be used on the Sony TV? I've got a Sony camera and the images are simply .jpg files....no special format for the images.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Same here Mike.

Stephen, maybe they have to be in a specific folder on the memory stick. My Sony camera stores pictures in a root folder called DCIM, then a folder in there called 100MSDCF. Maybe try creating those folders, then put your pics in there and see if they work?

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I was thinking about the folders the camera stores images and movie clips in. Couldn't remember what they were named though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks