What's new

Canon Realis/Xeed SX50? (1 Viewer)

Jennifer B

Grip
Canon introduced a new LCOS projector at the beginning of this year.
In Europe its called the Xeed SX50, in the US it's called Realis SX50.

The specs sound good, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

Edit: I wanted to provide links to the Canon product page, but I was not allowed to. So you'll have to search for yourself.

Jennifer B

Grip
Hmm, no one has heard of it? It was reviewed in the June issue of Presentations, a magazine about everything related to - guess what - presentations. But they focused more on the computer display aspects. I was wondering how this projector would do for movies.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
If I remember, I saw a review on Projector Central that said it's a great little data projector, but it had a number of clunky issues for home-theater use.

Lack of inputs was one, and I think there were some arguments against the images - color, linearity, or something, I don't remember what.

I saw one at the Canon booth of a trade show in April; it's an excellent looking data projector, and quite inexpensive for what it is.

I haven't seen a real video feed to it, though.

Jennifer B

Grip
Thanks for pointing out Projector Central. I found the site and am reading throught their customer reviews now...
Very informative site!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks