1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Canon Realis/Xeed SX50?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jennifer B, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Jennifer B

Jennifer B Extra

Canon introduced a new LCOS projector at the beginning of this year.
    In Europe its called the Xeed SX50, in the US it's called Realis SX50.

The specs sound good, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

Edit: I wanted to provide links to the Canon product page, but I was not allowed to. So you'll have to search for yourself.

2. Jennifer B

Jennifer B Extra

Hmm, no one has heard of it? It was reviewed in the June issue of Presentations, a magazine about everything related to - guess what - presentations. But they focused more on the computer display aspects. I was wondering how this projector would do for movies.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

If I remember, I saw a review on Projector Central that said it's a great little data projector, but it had a number of clunky issues for home-theater use.

Lack of inputs was one, and I think there were some arguments against the images - color, linearity, or something, I don't remember what.

I saw one at the Canon booth of a trade show in April; it's an excellent looking data projector, and quite inexpensive for what it is.

I haven't seen a real video feed to it, though.

4. Jennifer B

Jennifer B Extra

Thanks for pointing out Projector Central. I found the site and am reading throught their customer reviews now...
    Very informative site!