What's new

Canon A610 photos - Niagra Falls (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Nice photos. I picked up a 610 (and now a 620) because of the poor low light performance of my S1-IS. Very nice camera...

Brad M

Second Unit
Thanks for sharing the pictures Patrick. I ordered this camera just last week and am waiting on it to arrive. I paid $186 for it new and bought it because a friend of mine recommended it. He has one and has even bought 2 more as gifts.

I'm very excited about getting it and yet a bit worried. I've read online about the A18 error (or whatever it's called) and have my fingers crossed that I'll miss that problem.

I want to pick up a nice camera case to carry it around in. Any recommendations?

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting these pics.

Did you use the stock lens or any special converters?

-David

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brad,

I just have a small padded bag (holds the camera snug, and as a pocket for one extra set of batteries. I'll try to find name of the bag maker when I get home tonight. I've been using it since I had the Canon A70, same form factor.

Dave, I was just using the stock lens, out-of-the-box. Since it was misting all over the place at Niagra Falls, I didn't see the need for special converters, etc, lest they get wet/ruined. (Plus, I don't have any special knick-knacks for this camera. Heh).

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
Having a Canon A95, I know exactly what the 610/620 are capable of and if anyone is need of a new P&S digital I couldnt suggest anything else for the money. Canon is top notch IMO.

Brad M

Second Unit

Thanks for the link Patrick. My camera arrived this evening and already I'm having fun with it. Now I need a new card since the one that came with only takes 8 pictures.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Nice shots. Proof that you don't need a fancy schmancy camera to take nice photos. You just need yourself, a good eye and a little bit of talent. :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My first digital camera was a simple point & shoot Olympus. I was getting very good results with it.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Guys.. its Niagara falls.

Did you just visit for the scenery or were you there to gamble?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks