Cannot get progressive scan to work on Sony KF42WE610

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Andrew.D.Jones, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Andrew.D.Jones

Andrew.D.Jones Auditioning

Hello,
    I just purchased a Sony KF42WE610 (rear projection, LCD) television and the Sony Dream System Audio package (the FC8). I got everything hooked up, but when I turn on the DVD player and go into the set up, I cannot change the Output options from 'Interlace' to 'Progressive'. I see the option there, but I cannot highlight it (it is greyed out).

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I am using Monster component cables from the dream system dvd player into the tv. I also have an RF connection from my cable box to the tv (I'm getting satelite soon).

Thanks for any help!
    Andrew

2. John S

John S Producer

Many DVD players, even though they output on the component video simultaniously still need the option to be officially set in the system menu of the player.

It will rough to give good suggestions, as I am not so sure anybody else uses the system and/or DVD player in question.

3. Andrew.D.Jones

hmmm...The menu I'm on is the official set up menu of the player. I was thinking maybe there is an official menu on the TV where I need to turn on progressive scan or something? Did not see it going through all the menus though.

Thanks,
    Andrew

4. John S

John S Producer

Is the DVD player itself progressive scan or is it listed as a feature on the TV???

5. Andrew.D.Jones

Thanks for the reply. The dvd player is definitly progressive scan. And the TV can support 480p, 720p, 1081i.

6. John S

John S Producer

In the DVD system menu you see a place that is states, what video output is being used? It is set to component?

Maybe it is on all the time?

I tried to find the product manual online, and was unsuccessful.

7. Andrew.D.Jones

In the dvd player, I go to the system menu, and under 'Screen Setup' it has an option called 'Component Out'. Next to that option it says, 'Interlace' and I cannot highlight it to change it to 'Progressive' (as it says to do in the manual.

Weird...I wonder if it's something with the TV?

8. John S

John S Producer

That is what I am saying, it almost seems to me, that component out is not selected for the output of the DVD player. That woudl explain it being grey'd out.

How do you change the output to svideo?

Try changing it to svideo, and then back to component video......