Cannot connect to XBLive today....But the "troubleshooter" says I'm connected...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rock, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I've been on XBL for a week now, and I went to try to play some NBA2K3 tonight and I couldn't sign in. I launched the network troubleshooter and it said I was in fact connected. This happened in NBA2K3, NFL2K3, and MotoGP. Each time I went to the troubleshooter and it said I was connected.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'll be checking out the XBOX Live Beta page soon, just curious.

2. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Yeah - I've had all kinds of problems hooking up.

The one that you mentioned, I've had as well. When I 1st fire up the page that troubleshoots your connection, it always say "connected" at the top, even if I know I'm not. Only when I actually go through the step by step process, and then get the "Xbox live not found" message, do I get the "not connected" message at the top.

Doesn't mean squat. Just go through the step by step troubleshooting. If you're connected, it will say so at the last step. That's the way to know.

3. Chris Rock

4. Chris Rock

Update...
    I just checked again. Still won't connect.
    I tested the connection throught the Dashboard's "Connect" option, and it went through each step, verifying my connection. On the last step, it said that I was indeed connected to XBox Live.
    Then I went to Account Maintenance and seleced my account. It tried for several seconds and gave me an error the "XBox Live is not responding, try again later".
    I stepped over to my PS2, which is connected right next to the XBox. I logged into SOCOM just fine. That proves that my switch is working fine.
    My setup is Cable Modem ----> Router ----> Switch ----> PS2, XBox, Laptop. I've configured the XBox according to the "Router Workarounds" page. I have a NetGear RP114 Router. The most important part is that up until yesterday, this has been working just fine since last Thursday - and not one thing has changed in my setup, either physically or in the settings.
    Is everyone else connecting alright? Since my connection is *apparently* good, I suspect there actually is some problem with the XBL servers. Any of you beta testers from FL? Did you get on last night?
    Just trying to solve the mystery. Hopefully I can get on tonight, I've got a friend coming over to play some games, and it would suck if this didn't work.