What's new

Cannon And Others Coming Back Courtesy Of VEI (2 Viewers)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
On IMDb it says Paramount Television for Nero Wolfe, I'm not sure if it's a CBS owned title because it's not in their syndication bible. Would be neat to see it coming as well, one day.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see VCI put out some Saturday Morning Programs (Animated and Live-Action) that haven't been released yet, including Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle, Fantastic Voyage, Journey to the center of the Earth, Run Joe, Run, Westwind and those two "Holiest of Holy Grails", the series about Race Car Drivers and the one about Aviators. ^_^

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
HenryDuBrow said:
On IMDb it says Paramount Television for Nero Wolfe, I'm not sure if it's a CBS owned title because it's not in their syndication bible. Would be neat to see it coming as well, one day.

As much as I love Cannon, William Conrad is even better in Nero Wolfe. He was made for that role. It would be great if VEI, or anyone for that matter, would produce an official release of those 14 episodes of Nero Wolfe.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Nero Wolfe is definitely owned by CBS. And the episodes are in an accessible format without their having to be struck from the masters because they aired on TV Land. When they were actually releasing Cannon and Jake and the Fatman simultaneously, I wrote to CBS and suggested they release Nero Wolfe while they were at it. They didn't seem to remember the show, but politely said they would look at it. Didn't matter much, as they then stopped releasing Cannon and Jake and the Fatman.

I agree that VEI should pick it up. In fact, they should do it now so they can market it together with Cannon.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
FanCollector said:
Nero Wolfe is definitely owned by CBS. And the episodes are in an accessible format without their having to be struck from the masters because they aired on TV Land. When they were actually releasing Cannon and Jake and the Fatman simultaneously, I wrote to CBS and suggested they release Nero Wolfe while they were at it. They didn't seem to remember the show, but politely said they would look at it. Didn't matter much, as they then stopped releasing Cannon and Jake and the Fatman.

I agree that VEI should pick it up. In fact, they should do it now so they can market it together with Cannon.

And while they're at it, they might as well complete Jake and the Fatman also. Then I can have my fill (no pun intended) of William Conrad.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Tarzan cartoon is owned by Warner Archive. They have plans for it but the episodes are in poor shape and need a major Re-mastering job so no timeline for it.

Regulus said:
I'd like to see VCI put out some Saturday Morning Programs (Animated and Live-Action) that haven't been released yet, including Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle, Fantastic Voyage, Journey to the center of the Earth, Run Joe, Run, Westwind and those two "Holiest of Holy Grails", the series about Race Car Drivers and the one about Aviators. ^_^

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Regulus said:

Dear Regulus: I really hope you get your wishes. There's something about the late sixties and early seventies kids shows that had something today's shows lack. Hot Wheels, Sky King, The Reluctant Dragon, The Hardy Boys, The Big Blue Marble are all programs that I wish would come out on DVD.

James

P.S. You're not alone.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Would make sense for VEI to release Nero Wolfe now as well, since it co-stars Lee 'Matt Houston' Horsley.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
HenryDuBrow said:
Would make sense for VEI to release Nero Wolfe now as well, since it co-stars Lee 'Matt Houston' Horsley.
Excellent point! And VEI has included short run "bonus" series in complete series sets before.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
HenryDuBrow said:
But without moustache ;) . To me Horsley looked better in "Matt Houston" because of the moustache.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Regulus said:

If you are multi-region, the complete series of FANTASTIC VOYAGE came out in Region 2 in the UK. I have it and enjoyed watching it again very much.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
FanCollector said:
Excellent point! And VEI has included short run "bonus" series in complete series sets before.

Wow - you sent my Spidey senses a-tingling. I got the Snoop Sisters bonus when I ordered McMillan and Wife from VEI. It turned out to be a very enjoyable surprise. When I ordered the Equalizer from VEI I didn't get the edition with CI5 as a bonus, but I think you are on to something. Nero Wolfe seems to perfectly fit the bill for a nice bonus to the complete Cannon series along the same lines as VEI's earlier bonus content. I'm not going to count on it, but it would be very cool if VEI had something like that up their sleeve.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
The Tarzan cartoon is owned by Warner Archive. They have plans for it but the episodes are in poor shape and need a major Re-mastering job so no timeline for it.

I thought Tarzan was like all the other Filmation licenced shows in that the rights reverted back to the rights-holder of the original character, in this case, the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate?

That's what happened with Star Trek and Shazam!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Regulus said:
I'd like to see VCI put out some Saturday Morning Programs (Animated and Live-Action) that haven't been released yet ....

The only cartoons/kids shows that I can think of offhand that VEI released, are Drak Pack and Wing Commander.

(I'm sure there's others if one does more searching).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive has been asked about it multiple times the past couple of years on FB and they always acknowledge that it is theirs but needs a lot of work. They did release an episode on one of their Saturday Morning Collections. So as far as I know it still belongs to them.

Warner seems to own all things Tarzan so they must have made a deal with the estate awhile back.

Warner Archive also released Gilligan's Planet and Shazam from Filmation and still have plans for the New adventures of Gilligan.

AndyMcKinney said:
I thought Tarzan was like all the other Filmation licenced shows in that the rights reverted back to the rights-holder of the original character, in this case, the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate?

That's what happened with Star Trek and Shazam!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I recently picked up the VEI re-released dvd version of The Persuaders.

(The bluray versions from Europe were either too expensive, and/or I couldn't figure out if they were region locked or not).

I always wanted to see this show. (I wanted to see Roger Moore's work before he was James Bond).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
GMBurns said:
And while they're at it, they might as well complete Jake and the Fatman also. Then I can have my fill (no pun intended) of William Conrad.
Mr. Conrad was one of those actors that could make any character worth watching.

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
In addition to the shows mentioned above I'd also like to see 'McCain's Law' starring James Arness and 'Griff' starring Lorne Greene & Ben Murphy - both only lasted one season and were probably eclipsed by other such shows (we either got loads all at once ...or later on too little !)

Anyone remember 'Cade's County' (or 'Country' ?) starring Glenn Ford as Sam Cade a rural Marshall (I think) who kept law and order in his county - we had about half a dozen episodes in the UK back in the seventies...then just as I was getting into the show it vanished & never came back here !

anyone know more about that show...?

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Pathfiner said:
In addition to the shows mentioned above I'd also like to see 'McCain's Law' starring James Arness and 'Griff' starring Lorne Greene & Ben Murphy - both only lasted one season and were probably eclipsed by other such shows (we either got loads all at once ...or later on too little !)
"McCain's Law" has been on Warner Instant Archive streaming service so at least we know it's been transferred.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Griff being Universal I'm not sure what's up with that one, would like to see it come out of the vaults too...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks