Cannon And Others Coming Back Courtesy Of VEI

Blurayfan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
smithbrad said:
Received notice that my order for Barnaby Jones shipped today.
Where did you order it from? Right now Amazon Canada has the best price at 97 dollars for the whole series…American dollars that is….

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
Blurayfan said:
Where did you order it from? Right now Amazon Canada has the best price at 97 dollars for the whole series…American dollars that is….
I ordered directly from VEI when it was first announced.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
smithbrad said:
I ordered directly from VEI when it was first announced.
I ordered my Barnaby Jones set this morning from VEI and I received the shipping notice later this morning as well.

I can't wait to get it! It is a Christmas gift to myself.

GMBurns

Second Unit
Real Name
Glenn
phenri said:
I ordered my Barnaby Jones set this morning from VEI and I received the shipping notice later this morning as well.

I can't wait to get it! It is a Christmas gift to myself.
I had ordered through Amazon.ca and my set is expected to arrive on Thursday, so Christmas comes about a week early for me. I have off work the week after Christmas so I am looking forward to watching Barnaby every day with my morning coffee while my two teenagers are upstairs sleeping the day away.

FanCollector

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Credit where it is due...VEI had the Cannon replacement disc for "The Prisoner" here in four days, and the episode is fully corrected on the new disc. No jump cuts in Act I, and the running time is over 48:40.

Reactions: JayHink

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
FanCollector said:
Credit where it is due...VEI had the Cannon replacement disc for "The Prisoner" here in four days, and the episode is fully corrected on the new disc. No jump cuts in Act I, and the running time is over 48:40.
That's great news. i just made a request for a replacement myself.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
pegward said:
I received a notice that my Barnaby Jones set shipped so I too am looking forward to gettng it.
Somehow I´ve got the feeling that you won´t enjoy the picture qualiy. I wish I could say something else.

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
bronson said:
Somehow I´ve got the feeling that you won´t enjoy the picture qualiy. I wish I could say something else.
Have you viewed it? Mine will be hear on Tuesday. My expectations are that it will be similar to Cannon. If so, I can live with it.

younger1968

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I chatted with company the other day after purchased the Barnaby Jones set and they said 2016 will be interesting year as Petrocelli and Matt Houston are due to be released to dvd.

younger1968

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi all,

If you are going to pre-order Barnaby Jones then I would do it now. There is pricing issue on amazon.ca site. FYI - the set is cheaper than the US set for US Amazon customers.

Regards,

Paul Young

JamesSmith

Screenwriter
Do you think they might consider other CBS properties like High Chapparall. Seven Days, the Manhumter (the Ken Howard version) for later on?

James

pegward

Grip
Real Name
Peggy
bronson said:
Have you seen the quality yet, I am really interested in knowing how it looks.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
FanCollector said:
Would VEI replace the disc if you had bought the Cannon set from Amazon, or are they doing it only for sets purchased from VEI?

smithbrad

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad
Dan McW said:
Would VEI replace the disc if you had bought the Cannon set from Amazon, or are they doing it only for sets purchased from VEI?
On my recent Barnaby Jones order I noticed they added a brochure I hadn't seen before about there customer care. Inside it states that they would rather have you report issues to them then returning the product to the place of purchase. They specifically mention replacements "free-of-charge" provided certain conditions apply. I would take that as meaning as long as it is a fault on their side and not with the consumer. This seems to be an obvious manufacturing issue. They sent replacements when other issues were found, so i would contact them regardless of where purchased.

Reactions: jcroy

FanCollector

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I can't say for certain because although I didn't mention buying it from VEI directly when I wrote and requested my replacement, they have my customer information, so they know I did get it from them. At the same time, I got the same flyer as Brad did in my Barnaby Jones set, and I think they would do the right thing whether you ordered from them or not.

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
smithbrad said:
On my recent Barnaby Jones order I noticed they added a brochure I hadn't seen before about there customer care. Inside it states that they would rather have you report issues to them then returning the product to the place of purchase. They specifically mention replacements "free-of-charge" provided certain conditions apply. I would take that as meaning as long as it is a fault on their side and not with the consumer. This seems to be an obvious manufacturing issue. They sent replacements when other issues were found, so i would contact them regardless of where purchased.
If this is indeed the case, then I would be inclined to just wait for a second or third pressing of various VEI complete series or individual season sets. Hopefully all the bugs and defects will be straightened out by the second pressing.

For example, awhile ago there was a re-released "In Search Of ..." 18-disc set which had the six Nimoy seasons. (The local Wallyworld had it when it was released sometime during this past summer). If I had to guess, it might have been a later pressing than the original 2012 first release.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz