What's new

Candle Wax Remover? (1 Viewer)

Cam S

Screenwriter
I would say some sort of a heat gun, or even a hair dryer. I used a hair dryer to take wax out of some shorts, and it worked great.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
This advice came to me from a pro carpet cleaner:

Hopefully the wax is not colored. If it is, I don't know how this will work out...

Get yourself a paper bag or two from the grocery store. Cut them into a little bigger than stain-sized pieces.

Lay the paper bag piece over the stain and use an iron on the lowest setting to warm it. The paper bag will absorb the wax. It will take a few pieces of paper bag to get the thing up.

Good luck!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Tried this and it works:
Boil some water and pour it onto the wax.
Use a heavy towel and press down the spot to absorb the moisture. Careful not to burn yourself.
:)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I've had good luck with Febreze. Seriously. I wouldn't even have tried it if it wasn't the only thing in my utility closet.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Matt suggested the best way I know which is the plain brown paper bag cut into squares and an clothes iron on low. It worked wonders when my wife dumped a candle on the carpet and on my speaker grill.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks