What's new

Canare / Markertek (1 Viewer)

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if Markertek is my best bet for ordering Canare wire and connectors. I plan to make some cables and hope some of you can shed some light on the best place to aquire these items.

Thanks in advance guys

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
This is where I ordered my stuff. It was actually a pretty good process but just remember to factor in what will be at least a $40 broker fee at the border.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I can't remember exactly what the total was but I bought 100' of L-5CFB, 6 connectors RCAP-C5F and here is where it gets hazy, I think that I may have bought the Canare TC-D-5CF die there as well. I was ordering a few different parts from different places then so I could have bought the die at another place but I don't think so. If you already have the die and are only buying cable and connectors then the broker fee won't be so high.

I am in the process of trying to find a supplier of Canare cables and connectors in Canada but so far I have not had any good luck.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Jeff, I just wanted to update with the fact that Markertek will also kill you with their shipping to Canada. I just placed an order for some more connectors(6 to be exact). The total was $17.34 plus a $3.00 small order charge(USD funds of course). Anyway, I just got my receipt in the mail and they had tacked on another $17.00USD for shipping. All told my credit card was charged $63.00. This makes the connectors over $10 each CAD. Arghhhh, this makes me so mad. Not to mention I am having troubles finding any retailers in Canada that sell Canare. I could go with Belden but then I would have to buy new dies for my crimper.

If anyone knows of any Canadian retailers or e-tailers in Canada that sell Canare, please let me know.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Chris, thank you. I also just found another Canadian distributer SF Marketing .
I have also realized through this site that with the shipping, $10CAD is not that bad for these connectors. SF sells them for $7.15CAD each and that is before taxes and shipping. So Markertek is not that bad of a deal.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
There is a place in Los Angeles (Pacific Radio) that doesn't charge extra fees for small orders, cable cutting fees, etc. You may want to call them at 1-800-634-9476 and check their prices

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks