What's new

Canare/ Markertek (1 Viewer)

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if Markertek is my best bet for ordering Canare wire and connectors. I plan to make some cables and hope some of you can shed some light on the best place to aquire these items.

Thanks in advance guys

Brandon B

Second Unit
I would say yes. The only caveat to that is they add a few $ for handling if your order is under $35. They shipped all my stuff in about 2 days flat (regular shipping).

I got all my Canare connectors from them. Only thing I couldn't get was an RCAP C53 75ohm RCA for use with Belden 1694A, they don't carry it.

Have.com is another good source.

BB

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I've ordered from them several times with no problems. I think they are one of the few places that will ship whatever size you want. Some places want you to buy the whole roll.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Markertek is good and they have a huge amount of A/V gear/components. But, I have discovered a Chicago distributor, Joseph Electronics: http://www.josephelectronics.com/ that sells to the pros and had a great experience with them. A rep spent quite a bit of time with me, even though I'm beginning to assemble cables. He gave me advice based on what the professional braodcasters use and was happy to take my small order. They stock lots of Belden cable, all colors and cut to order. He recommended Belden alternates to Canare and also made some cost-saving suggestions. He had a better price on the Canare RCAP plugs also. He said Belden is better than Canare about selling smaller spools and supporting the distributors who sell to small customers. All in all a good experience and most items were cheaper than at Markertek.
An additional note on Belden: I sent them and e-mail complimenting the quality of service I received at Joseph Electronics. I didn't expect a reply, but received one from a manager who said Belden recognizes and values us small customer/reseller/installers and they realize we don't buy in 1,000-ft spools and intend to help support us, and he did say that Joseph is one of their better distributors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks