Canadians - Olympic Gold DVDs in GM cereal

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Ulmer, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Has anyone picked these up? I'm not a cereal eater, but decided on a whim to grab a couple of these discs (2 and 4). I haven't plugged 'em in yet to see what they consist of, but I'm curious whether anyone else is collecting these?

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

I got disc 1 and 2 I'll get 3 and 4 next week. I haven't tried them yet.

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I watched disc two last night, and while I don't think they'd be worth buying on their own, the disc did go through the highlights of the Olympic games, and was fun to relive. I'll be picking up the remaining two, but am undecided on shelling out $7 for the case.

I guess I need to buy milk now...

4. ashley c

ashley c Stunt Coordinator

Yeah $7 for a case is pricey, but i figure collectors discs deserve a collector's case.

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Thats how I got my Babar DVD so long ago. [​IMG]

6. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

What do you guys think the odds are that we will see the Olympic hockey final on DVD uncut(cbc version of course)?

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

8. Jeff Lund

Jeff Lund Stunt Coordinator

Would one of you beloved Canadians be able to send me these DVD's? I'd pay for them of course. Being one of the 10 true hockey fans in the States, I collect everything hockey I can get my hands on. I saw the commercial advertising the discs while watching HNIC (as I do every Saturday night) and I was pissed I didn't live in Canada [​IMG] Please e-mail me at [email protected] I also collect and trade hockey pocket schedules for anyone interested.

Thank God for the NHL Center Ice package through DirecTv or I'd be one unbearable hombre (some would say I am anyways). And thank God for the CBC, TSN, & Rogers Sporstnet East & West. Besides Chicago's Pat Foley & Dale Tallon, there is absolutely no good play-by-play, color commentators, or analysts in the U.S. They all suck and have no sense of the history and splendor of this great game. I live to see Grapes, MacLean, Strachan, Demers, Davidson (and his new show 'JD on Ice' is great), Dehatchet, Hrudey, Cole, Neal, Kypreos, Healy, King, Miller, & McKenzie. I'd die without Coach's Corner, Satellite Hotstove, Behind The Mask, & After Hours. I wish I could get all Canadian TV stations on a daily basis. I even inquired at DirecTv about it.

But I digress. It's difficult to get an educated and lively hockey conversation going in this country. So please forgive me for getting excited and rambling on.

9. Sean Hardiman

Jeff,

Just subscribe to Bell ExpressVu. You can get all the Canadian TV you want. Canadian dish companies don't seem to have the same problem with Americans buying Canadian TV than do Canadian dish companies having problems with Canadians buying American TV.

I don't know the legalities of it, but other sites I've seen have indicated that it doesn't seem to be a huge problem for snowbirds who live in the US.

10. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Count me in as wanted these as well.

Has anyone picked up Gold Rush 2002?

11. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

12. Brendan Brown

Brendan Brown Stunt Coordinator

Rob T:

Same here, best value of any cereal I ever had.