What's new

Canadians - Olympic Gold DVDs in GM cereal (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Has anyone picked these up? I'm not a cereal eater, but decided on a whim to grab a couple of these discs (2 and 4). I haven't plugged 'em in yet to see what they consist of, but I'm curious whether anyone else is collecting these?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I watched disc two last night, and while I don't think they'd be worth buying on their own, the disc did go through the highlights of the Olympic games, and was fun to relive. I'll be picking up the remaining two, but am undecided on shelling out $7 for the case.

I guess I need to buy milk now...

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah $7 for a case is pricey, but i figure collectors discs deserve a collector's case.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
What do you guys think the odds are that we will see the Olympic hockey final on DVD uncut(cbc version of course)?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What do you guys think the odds are that we will see the Olympic hockey final on DVD uncut(cbc version of course)?
You mean you wouldn't want the glowing puck version? :)

It's possible that the CBC could release it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It would be cool to have both the women and men's gold medal games in their entirety.

Jeff Lund

Stunt Coordinator
Would one of you beloved Canadians be able to send me these DVD's? I'd pay for them of course. Being one of the 10 true hockey fans in the States, I collect everything hockey I can get my hands on. I saw the commercial advertising the discs while watching HNIC (as I do every Saturday night) and I was pissed I didn't live in Canada :D Please e-mail me at [email protected] I also collect and trade hockey pocket schedules for anyone interested.

Thank God for the NHL Center Ice package through DirecTv or I'd be one unbearable hombre (some would say I am anyways). And thank God for the CBC, TSN, & Rogers Sporstnet East & West. Besides Chicago's Pat Foley & Dale Tallon, there is absolutely no good play-by-play, color commentators, or analysts in the U.S. They all suck and have no sense of the history and splendor of this great game. I live to see Grapes, MacLean, Strachan, Demers, Davidson (and his new show 'JD on Ice' is great), Dehatchet, Hrudey, Cole, Neal, Kypreos, Healy, King, Miller, & McKenzie. I'd die without Coach's Corner, Satellite Hotstove, Behind The Mask, & After Hours. I wish I could get all Canadian TV stations on a daily basis. I even inquired at DirecTv about it.

But I digress. It's difficult to get an educated and lively hockey conversation going in this country. So please forgive me for getting excited and rambling on.

Jeff,

Just subscribe to Bell ExpressVu. You can get all the Canadian TV you want. Canadian dish companies don't seem to have the same problem with Americans buying Canadian TV than do Canadian dish companies having problems with Canadians buying American TV.

I don't know the legalities of it, but other sites I've seen have indicated that it doesn't seem to be a huge problem for snowbirds who live in the US.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
It's possible that the CBC could release it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It would be cool to have both the women and men's gold medal games in their entirety.
Ive got the men's on VHS in full... havent watched it yet as I want to get it in digital format before I wear out the tape :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks