Canadians in the Toronto area with Panny Projectors?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris PC, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Just hoping to find some folks with L200,300 or maybe a super brave pioneer with a 500. I have an AE100 and its pretty good, but I'm curious about upgrading. Wondering if I can see a 200, 300 or 500 in action [​IMG] Anybody?

2. cliff_andrews

cliff_andrews Auditioning

I will be in the market shortly for a FP. I do know that 2001 Audio carry the Panasonic 300, and have seen a demo there. (Woodbine and Hwy #7) I am waiting (impatiently) for the new Panny 500. In addition, I also plan to demo/see the new Sony
    HS20 and Sanyo Z2 when they become available......Cliff

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Any other Toronto people ? L200? L300? AE500? Toronto area people with these projectors, lemme know how the projector is working for you. I'd love to see one of the above projectors in action.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    There's an L200U on display at Audio Video 2000 at Mavis and Britannia in Mississauga.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thanx. I might check that out but I suspect the best setup will be in someones home.

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I found a local with a Matinee HD-1 that I'm going to view tonight so thats very cool. I'm bringing over my interlaced DVD player and iScan Pro.

Panny 300 and AE500 owners in the Greater Toronto Area lemme know if I can come over and view. I'll bring beer and or popcorn [​IMG]

7. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Duh, did you say beer? I don't have a Panny, but I do have a minty-fresh Z1. I'll let you know once the details of the basement are tended to, Chris. Cheers.

DS.

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    There is another set up at Trutone Electronics on Dundas St & Cawthra in Mississauga. It is a high end store and all of their projectors are properly calibrated.

9. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Cool. Not many response about people but I appreciate the info about the stores.

Mr. Simpson....hehe hehe...yeah, beer :p I would like to see your Z1 in action actually. I think I like blackout material more than "real" screens. Blackout material seems soft in a way that helps the picture look less digital. Lemme know when your "plex" is open. [​IMG]

10. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

If anyone wants to see an AE100 in action, I'm willing to demo mine. If you've never seen front projection in action in a good home setup, you'd be pleased.

11. kristopher p

kristopher p Extra

Cliff, I didn't think they showed off any projectors at 2001 audio/video at woodbine and hwy #7, its a pretty small store, all i remember seeing was mostly projection, plasma and regular tv's but i never saw a projector there i guess i have to go check that out and find where it was hiding.

12. cliff_andrews

cliff_andrews Auditioning

I saw a demo of the Panny 300 projector there about 8 months
    ago. I purchased a Panasonic F85 from there last month and
    asked that they give me a call when the new 500 Projector shows up.

They have a small HT room just to the left when you walk into the store. There is/was a projector on a ceiling mount in that room.

Cliff

13. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thats cool. Its odd how the Sanyo projectors eventually reach rock bottom prices right from Sanyo Canada and yet Panasonic still does the PT-AE/L separation. The L line ends up being available in the US at low prices but not in Canada. They keep selling the AE models in Canada. We get ripped off in terms of market exposure. I may wait for the L500 to arrive in the US and grab one that way. Hopefully Panasonic will eventually market the L models up here or similarly drop the price of the AE line.