Canadians in the Toronto area. Where can I find good test tone CD's locally ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I want to find a good Test CD that has good test tones on it. In particular, I am looking for tones from 10 to 200 hz so that I can test bass repsonse and subwoofer/speaker placement, crossovers etc. Where can I find a good CD locally? I'm calling around to dealers, music CD stores and music instrument stores. No luck yet. I'd rather not order one from the internet if I can avoid it.
    thanx for any info
    [​IMG]

2. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

You can download some from www.snapbug.ws/sinewaves and then convert them from mp3 to wav and burn your own cd.
    Matt[​IMG]

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thanks for the link. I did that with a tone generator program but the CD I made didn't work too well. It made clicking noises going into and out of each track. I think that might be my receiver, but I'll try again and see. I'll try it again with those tones you gave me. [​IMG]
    Those are so cool!! They fade in and out though, which is really really cool. I almost wish they were longer than 10 seconds each. I think the fade in and fade out might help with my clicking problems! Thanks dude. Best tone links I've seen. I wonder if there is any quality lost because they are MP3's? I imagine since they are pure sinewaves, they are probably pretty much intact eh? Plus I noticed the sampling rate was 320kbps. Isn't that like close to the max for MP3's?
    Still looking for a test tone CD in Toronto too so I can get other features etc [​IMG]

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Hmmm something weird happened when I went to listen to those tones. Some weird knocking or tapping noise during playback of the MP3's on my DVD player. Weird. Too bad, it would have worked great. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

5. Everett A

Everett A Agent

You may find something at the main library!

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Cool. Thats a good idea. You mean like actual local Library? Right? I'll check Ajax/Pickering and maybe elsewhere too.

Hmmm your name looks familiar. Are you from around here? Chalet studios?

7. Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch Stunt Coordinator

I believe Marchand has test tones on their web site as well.

Mark.

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Any more ideas about Test CD's in the Toronto area?

Anybody? Do you have one? Which one?

9. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Pardon me for saying this, but you've spent three days on several forums trying to find a Test CD in Toronto. Must not have a credit card, eh?

How 'bout you send me an email with your snail mail address and I'll pay the $10 to have one sent to you, for crying out loud?!

--Steve ([email protected])

10. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Hey, its you again! Heheh. I'm going to check a CD out right now as I type this, well, once I leave the house [​IMG]