Canadians, how much did you pay for your Sony DA2ES?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by HienD, Jun 18, 2003.

1. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

Hello, Just wondering what people paid for their Sony DA2ES in Canada. I know the list is $1200cnd, but what was the purchase price? I'm thinking of getting it from oade.com for $460usd, includes shipping to canada. So final canadian price of $750-800cnd is my guess after taxes and fees. Did anyone manage to get it for a price of $900cnd or less? Exchange rate is good right now so I probably going to pull the trigger soon.

Thanks

2. AaronBatiuk

AaronBatiuk Second Unit

That's a good deal on the 2ES from Oade. I did my own calculation, and your estimation of 750-800 sounds right on the mark in my opinion. You will not get it for that here.

I bought the 4ES, which lists for $1500, from the Sony Store. I paid $1225 including a 1 year warranty extension which normally costs $100. That's not including tax. If I had to do it again today, I would import, and it would without doubt be the 7ES. The exhange rate is much better now (0.75) than when I bought it back in Dec '02 (about 0.68).

BTW, I bought a Sony reciever from www.onecall.com once, and would definitely recommend them. The receiver arrived in two days, and was priced very well. You will have to call them to get the 'real' selling price; they can't post them on the site.

3. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Be aware you may not get a warranty from Sony Canada by importing the unit from the US (if that is important to you).

Similarly the 'grey-market' TV's imported by CostCo are covered by the CostCo warranty only, Sony of Canada won't touch them.

In my last TV purchase I had to juggle the cost savings vs the warranty, so you may have similar thoughts.

4. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

This place may be able to match your import price.
    http://www.ggelectronics.com/html/

They are located near the intersection of Morningside and Kingston road East of Toronto.