Canadians - Bell ExpressVu: HD or only SD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Karim Nogas, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Karim Nogas

Karim Nogas Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I just got the 6000 model yesterday and noticed that Bell's website lists a bunch of US network programming that is HDTV and is shown on HDTV2 - 286 & NETSD - 299.

I'm not yet receiving channel 286. Is it on the way? (The tech. said it might take up to 48 hours for all channels to appear.) Or are Canadian customers limited to the HDTV Vu! movies and the preview channel? SDTV is much better than cable but there were some programs such as CSI and JAG, I was hoping to see in full blown 1080i.

Thanks.

2. Vishwa Somayaji

Vishwa Somayaji Stunt Coordinator

You do get 286. As the tech said it takes time to get all the channels( I don't know why it should). You get a few hours of HD programming a day in 286. Yesterday I watched the PBS special "shape of life". Fantastic picture and I love nature programs. Well worth the investment. If you subscribe to the movies(19.95) then you will get 285.

3. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Karim;

Make sure that you (or your tech) told Bell that you have the 6000 receiver. You have to make sure they are told, to ensure that 286 is sent to you. There is no 'HD Programming Package' so to speak, you just need to let them know you can use it.

/Jeff

4. Karim Nogas

Karim Nogas Stunt Coordinator

Good call Jeff. Seems the first person I talked to forgot to enter the code.

Thanks.