What's new

canadian websites that sells seperates. (1 Viewer)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
im a canadian and im looking for sepeates. im willing to spend 2000.00 for it maybe a little more. any ways im looking at a 5.1 systyem. thanks dave

Try canadianhifi.com kennedy-hifi.com audioark.com everestaudio.com fairviewhifi.com nfaudio.com quebecacoustic.com musonic.com soundplus.ca, americansound.com americanhifi.mb.ca, audiogallery.ca, audio-one.ca, audiotwo.com creativeaudio.ca for starters.

Jason GT

Second Unit
You will find it very difficult to get true HT separates for $2000 CDN unless you go used, and even for that it will be tricky.

If you have your heart set on separates you can probably get yourself into a decent used five-channel power amp for $600-$900. That leaves you with a kilobuck and a bit for a preamp, which means you'll probably be looking at something a generation or two behind.

You can stretch your dollar further (but, debatably, will lose some of the absolute performance of separates) if you use an AV Receiver as a preamp and simply use an external power amp.

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
hey jason thanks for the info. yeah your right. how about outlaw, they had a deal going on. it looks nice after the exchange and taxes ect i think it comes to about 2500 canadian, do you think thats worth it. i was looking at the 7100 7.1 amp and the 950 pre/pro. i read a bunch of good reviews. how do you guys think they will sound on my digm monitor 7s.

Felix_H

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw is cheap if you want to go the separates route.
For the price, it certainly isnt too bad an idea if you were thinking about spending C$1500+ on a receiver.

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
well the thing now i figure with the outlaws is that its going to accually going to cost me more like 3000 dollars. after the exchange ect. well i dont know i think i have to give up on that idea for now. and get my self and receiver. i was thinking of getting a yamaha or a hk, i dont know. please suggest some amps out there for me. if im buying a stand alone amp then i dont want to spend no more then 1000.00 canadian. oh yeah how do the yammies sound w/ paradigm monitor 7. oh yeah is there a big defference in the Yamaha RXV1400 and rxv2400. is it worth the 200 dollars. the 1400 is 1100.00 and the 2400 is 1300.00, i am running a 5.1 only too. thanks dave

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I have a used b&k AV5000 which is 105x5. Then you can get a used b&K reference 30 for like 850US-950US and still be under budget

PaulKoss

Agent
Another thing to watch out for is that US webtailers will let you have their stuff on a 30 day trial basis. The problem is that you have to pay the sales taxes to get the stuff inside of the country. If you don't want to keep it, you don't get that back.

Marc H

Second Unit
Dave,
Our shop in Ottawa has the Adcom GTP830 7.1 pre/pro and GFA7607 seven channel amp I can bundle for a great price. The amp is our display model but the pre/pro is new in the box. Please email me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks