What's new

Canadian version of bestbuy, parts express, etc... (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
People write here all the time about getting excellent deals through internet dealers and online retailers. Unfortunately, being a Canadian my dollar isn't worth quite as much, which defeats the purpose of the excellent deals. What I wonder is whether there are Canadian retailers and dealers online that sell generally cheaper than the local stores.
------------------
-
Wish I had more money

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey Andrew.
Well, Best Buy bought Future Shop not to long ago, so very soon the stores should be converting to a more "best buy" type of store, including the internet portion.
This is what I'm guessing will happen anyways. I remember reading in the newspaper when the buy out happened that there would be quite a few changes being made the the futureshop stores that would make them more like the American Best Buy stores.
I haven't heard anything in the last while though in terms of what will actually be happening or when it will be happening.
Hope this helped (hmm, after actually reading what I wrote, I'm not sure that it did help.. lol.. sorry)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

On a side note, I was really saddened to hear the announcement on Best Buy taking over Future Shop. It made me feel good that Future Shop was a big Canadian retailer. I know Best Buy is bigger, but Canadian bussinesses just don't seem to want to compete with their American, or for that matter, world counter parts. Everyone keeps selling...
It's really going to hurt when the name Future Shop disappears and is replaced with Best Buy. This can't be good for the country...

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Link Removed
I think this is the sort of thing you are after.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
actually best buy has a 5 year plan for fully converting future shop stores. it will happen, but it will take a while. Cant' remember where I heard this tho
------------------
McPaul.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
There was an article in our local newspaper in Pickering (east of Toronto) that a new BestBuy store is being built very near a big box FutureShop store. I guess they will close the FutureShop store when the BigBuy store opens...

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
actually best buy has a 5 year plan for fully converting future shop stores. it will happen, but it will take a while. Cant' remember where I heard this tho
After you posted this, I remembered having read that in the multiple page coverage in the Toronto Star when this takeover happened.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Best Buy has cancelled all the stores it had planned to open in canada because of the future shop buy out. Supposedly they will keep the name Future Shop since it is already well established in Canada and just give it a "best buy" like make over. Hope this helps.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Jason, where I live, there is a brand new Future Shop store, and within a stones throw (if you're a professional pitcher anyway!) there is a Best Buy store nearing completion. I was expecting construction to halt, but it's still going full steam ahead. I believe they really are going to open all the stores they had planned and worry about which to keep open an which to close later.
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks