What's new

Canadian school uses psychic as basis for sexual abuse allegations (1 Viewer)

Craig

Second Unit
Edit: This is apparently from Canada, not California, got my Ontario CAs mixied up. So blame it on Canada (and maybe Anne Murray too). Sorry for the mistake in the header.

Colleen Leduc has an 11 year old daughter, Victoria Leduc, who is non-verbal with severe autism. Colleen was referred to the Childrens Aid Society for suspected sexual abuse by school officials at the Terry Fox Elementary School.

Quoting from the newspaper story:

"She and Victoria entered a room where they were met by the principal, the vice-principal and the teacher. Leduc said they advised her that Victoria's educational assistant (EA) had visited a psychic, who said a youngster whose name started with "V" was being sexually abused by a man between 23 and 26 years old. Leduc was also handed a list of recent behaviours exhibited by her daughter."

Pretty sad that public school officials feel secure enough in their jobs to put someone through a sexual abuse investigation based on vague allegations by a 'psychic', and that they continued to defend their actions when it came to light. Hopefully a few of them will get fired or reassigned to lower level jobs.

The Barrie Examiner - Ontario, CA

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
What utter bullshit. I'd work to get those morons fired if I was a parent in that school district. It's like hiring a witch doctor to "teach" science.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The sad thing is, this will inevitably turn into a cable TV movie of the week. Probably Lifetime, with Melissa Gilbert playing the kind and gentle psychic who rescues the troubled autistic child. They'll say it's "Based on a True Story" and since it involves molestation, psychics, autism and Canada - it'll probably win an Emmy. :confused:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps the EA, the School Board, the CAS and the Superintendent all need to watch The Crucible.

Or as an alternative they could see if the physic floats. He should appreciate that if he drowns it will turn out that he had a real vision. Of course if he does not drown, it will be all the evidence needed to convict him and have him punished (I suppose that Canadian law does not allow stoning, but if they are using physics to initiate child molestation charges, can the return of the death penalty be far behind?)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Interrogation technique currently known as "waterboarding". Fits perfectly indeed with the use of a psychic as an investigator.

Cees

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Brilliant observation.

Just how screwed up is the world coming to when the musings of a 'psychic' are sufficient to trigger a full-blown criminal investigation into a heinous crime? Even if no charges are ever brought, and indeed the investigation shows nothing untoward ever actually happened, the acccused person's life as he knows it is over.

Don't get me wrong, if someone really molested an autistic child he absolutely should pay, and pay heavily, but solely on the word of a psychic?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks