Canadian Pricing for Anthem AVM20

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Woodley, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Matthew Woodley

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering what us Canadian's have been paying for this unit. Thanks for the info.[​IMG]

2. Vishwa Somayaji

Vishwa Somayaji Stunt Coordinator

From the lack of response to this question, it looks like not many Canadians can afford this! I was looking at this but the lack of DPL2 put a damper on me. I thought I wait until March/April(the original update time frame) but it now looks like Motorola is not ready yet. Pricewise, it is about 4K+ around here(and taxes, of course). The other thing one has to think about is how much is the upgrade going to be or is it going to be absorbed in the price once it is available late this year or early next?

3. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Last I heard is that the DPL2/DTS upgrade has been pushed back to May/June timeframe. Cost has apparently not been changed at $300US for those who have units. Units coming out of Anthem will have them built in and the unit's price will increase by $300US.

Pricewise, I have heard prices anywhere from $2500-$2800US. Check Audiogon and Ebay sometimes has them.

Bob

4. Joe e h

Joe e h Stunt Coordinator

I am finding prices quoted on the phone from 3900 to 4500 Canadian. These wher in Sarnia and Winsdor. I would think that cash in the store would lower the price

Joe

5. Matthew Woodley

Has anyone else received a canadian price on this unit. I was wondering how much of a discount I could get from the dealer.

6. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Joe, you can get it significantly cheaper than that in Canada, but you have to do some searching.

I cannot divulge where I got my price or how much it exactly is, but lets say you can knock about 22% off the top end of your price scale.

Hope this helps Matt. If you want the specific price, you will have to e-mail me privately.