Canadian Paradigm Prices?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler DJW, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW Stunt Coordinator

I'm making a trip back home to Canada soon and I'm thinking about upgrading from my monitor series speakers to Studio line speakers. I cannot however find LIST prices for the studio line anywhere. I would appreciate anyone from up north's experience here. I'm interested to know the MSRP for [/b]Studio 20s, 40s, CC, and ADPs.[/b]

Also, if anyone has ever shipped any speakers back to the US from Canada how have you done it and do you have any advice?

I feel somewhat bad about not supporting the local dealer, but I'm a native Canadian and I'd also be happy to support my old dealers too. Besides, my local dealer doesn't seem too willing to budge from the MSRP, and I did buy my monitors there.

Thanks for you help!

2. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Hi Tyler,
    I ship speakers from Canada to the United States daily. Try to get your dealer to ship them direct from the store to the US address and that way he won't have to charge you taxes. You would have to pay shipping of course. The dealer will have to incude NAFTA cerificates for US Customs to avoid any duties being charged.
    I would highly recommend not using ground service from a courier company as there's brokerage fees for the border crossing plus damage claims can be lengthy and complicated for ground service. Try and use the Fedex two day air. Works nicely and no grief or surprises.

3. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Not sure of the exactl MSRP but it's basically the US MSRP but in Canadian dollars. Expect to pay around $800 for 20's $1000 for $40's and I think $800 for ADPs. That's in CDN funds.

4. Wayne McRae

Wayne McRae Stunt Coordinator

James is close to the MSRP's. Just a example, I got my Studio 60's last week for $1098 Cdn. which is around $700 U.S. It seems dealers are far more flexible in Canada than the U.S. on Paradigms.

5. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

I believe that Paradigm has the MSRP on their site, possibly just for the packages though, it would be under "recommended systems". As far as I know James is correct the MSRP is the same in CAN or US thats why its a good deal with the exchange rate.