What's new

Canadian Orders from Adire (1 Viewer)

rich r

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all

I am interesed in building a sealed Adire Tempest sub with a Q of 0.707. I plan on using a HS500 plate amp to power the monster. BUT -=- before i take the dive and build this I have to worry aobut the costs

Adire audio does not offer a canadian distrubitor so that forces us Canaidan's to order direcctly from them. THis in turn cost us fortune in shipping and customs charges.

Has anyone ever ordered a HS500 and a Tempest from adire directly??

I would like to know the broakerage or customs charges assoicated with this type of order!!

Thanks for any input in Advance

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I never ordered the HS500 but I did order a Tempest and AVA250. Are you sure you need the HS500. The AVA250 gets my Tempest allignment to Xmax according to LspCAD. Anyways, here's the cost break down I had.

Tempest was $140 USD minus a 5% discount. AVA250 was $179 USD minus a 5% discount Shipping by UPS Standard (7day ground) was $40.90 USD

Which totals $343.95 USD. On my Visa this showed up as $540.84 CDN.

Add to that $78.40 CDN for tax and border fees.

And you get $619.24

rich r

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin,

Im not excatly sure if i need the HS500 but more power is better right!!

I am trying to build a design similar to the SErvo-15!! but im not excatly sure what avenue to take yet

any syggestions!!!!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I've only built one sub. An almost EBS allignment ported Tempest. The Tempest is supposed to do well in a sealed enclosure, but I'm in the camp that to realize it's full potential you need to build a ported EBS encloser. Which means huge enclosure, big port and a low tuning.

If you are just going to do music listening then build Adires sealed EBS design for the Tempest. If your going to have some home theatre in there too, then do the ported EBS design. Mind you these are 300L designs and a Servo15 is around 100L. So if size is an issue the Tempest may not be the best choice of driver.

Rick P.

Stunt Coordinator
Rich

If you have your order shipped by USPS instead of UPS, you should save $5 - $10 (UPS brokerage fees are between $28 and $35 whereas Adire charges $10 U.S. extra for international USPS shipments. Canada Post then takes $5).

Other than that, you will pay:

1. The price of your order PLUS Adire's $10 extra USPS shipping fee (converted to $CDN)

2. PLUS Canada Post's $5 Customs Brokerage fee

3. PLUS GST and PST on #1 and #2 above.

My rule of thumb is that if something is supposed to cost $500 U.S. or less, my all-inclusive cost in $CDN will be more-or-less double.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks