What's new

Canadian on line rentals? (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I disbanded my harem a while ago, so now I have plenty of free time to catch up on all the anime I missed.

Maybe you should do the same Nick! Life is so much simpler. ;)

Seriously though, have a look at the Zip.ca rental packages. They might be too pricey for what you get, unless you get at least the 4 DVDs-at-a-time every month package which has an unlimited number of DVDs you can rent a month.

Zip packages: http://www.zip.ca/SignUp/packages.aspx

I guess VHQ would be a lot better, seeing as you live in Vancouverland! I don't know if they have a suitable low-volume package.

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
There is no doubt that Zip.Ca is a great service. They have hard to find titles that BB and your typical Mom/Pop shop just don't carry. I don't miss going into the videostore anymore to look around. What would be really is great if they rented out XBOX and Playstation games. I don't know if this is something they are considering.

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
I was a member of zip.ca, but cancelled. While they migh have a good selection, getting what you want can be a real PITA. Also, people need to keep in mind, that in the case of multi disc movies, these are considered separate rentals. So with your two disc SE, that means if you want both, you may get them at separate times which sucks imo. Their return packaging is very flimsy. And the turnaround time was quite long. Ottawa to BC can take a while.

I was also greatly offended when they looked to sell a priority service. If you really want a movie quickly, shell out an extra $5 and they'll give you priority status. If I"m going to do that, I might as well hop in the car and go down to blockbuster video. Also, the website was one of the slowest websites I've ever navigated.

Good for people looking for a wide selection and also the kind of titles not available in rental stores. However, with new release titles, it could literally take months before my selection was filled.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I mailed by the first four DVDs I rented on Sunday. Pickup was Monday morning, and zip.ca received them on Wednesday. On the same day, they shipped out the next 4 and I received them yesterday. So far it looks good - they didn't ship them in an XpressPost cardboard envelope, so I got 4 separate zip.ca envelopes in the mailbox. Technically I'm still on the free trial though.

For new releases, I'd go to the local videostore anyways - well, at least the ones that are considered popular.

BTW, the priority service is $2.99. That is what it says when I hover the mouse over the "Gotta Have It" icon in my ziplist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks