What's new

Canadian Nuggets?? (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if their are any Canadian CD compilations of Canadian bands from the 1960's? I am particularly interested in The Plastic Cloud, The Paupers, and bent Wind.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I think the one that had the most from that era was MADE IN CANADA, but its unfortunately OOP. It was initially issued by Capitol as 3 separate disks, then a 4th disk was issued, then the 4 were issued together in a box set.

I had the 4 separate disks at one time, but sold them on. :frowning:

I do remember "If I Call You By some Name" by the Paupers.

Jay_J

Agent
Real Name
JJ
Larry, try pacemaker.com. It shows the album Sussex by Bentwind in its coming releases. Pacemaker had done alot of sixties and seventies Canadian bands...I have a bunch of them, including a great Ugly Ducklings disc, ,which is out of print now. John was right about the Made In Canada series. I have the four cds, alot of them are from needle drops so sound is very hit and miss.

There was an excellent Paupers cd released by Universal Canada in 1999...Dig Deep 1966-1968. Don't know if its still in print, I bought mine when it came out.

There have been legit Terry Jacks, Poppy Family, and Bobby Curtola cds released in the eighties and early nineties, long out of print for all of them.

I wish someone would do a comprehensive remastering and releasing of alot of the great sixties Canadian bands. All we get is alot of substandard crap and boots of most of that material, anymore.

Jay

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. That Made in Canada box sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for it while I look for The Plastic Cloud and the Paupers collection. I have a bid on Sussex over at Ebay.

I listen to The Technicolor Web of Sound and they play a lot of the fore mentioned bands.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It doesn't help when EMI lets some yahoos "remaster" the debut Anne Murray album, What About Me, which meant adding new drum tracks and synth parts, editing tracks, using horridly audible noise reduction techniques and generally making a huge mess of the album, including the CD packaging.

Fortunately the rest of her catalogue was handled well, but the first album would be my favorite. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks