What's new

Canadian Idol- Where's the Thread? Here's the Thread! (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised no one has started a thread about Canadian Idol yet! I've been watching the first 3 'try-out' episodes and quite frankly, some of the Canadian talent blows the doors off of the last batch of American Idol finalists. I'm not being patriotic either, since I find that many things in my country often pale in comparison to their American counterparts... but this time around, we've got the cream of the crop. Last night there was a male singer that sent goosebumps up and down my arms. This guy (his name was Mikey, from Ottawa I think) could sing the doors off of most(if not all) of the finalists of American Idol 2. He's part white part Asian and has a really distict look. He's my top pick so far. The judges are also, to me, very well chosen. We have 4 of them. Jake is my favourite of the bunch. He really seems to have heart, and any eye for talent. Last night he had to tell a handicapped wheel-chair bound girl that she wasn't what they were looking for. It literally brought tears to his eyes, and he had to take a break.

If you think it can't get any worse than Ryan Seacrest, well your wrong! We have Ben Mulrooney, the ex-prime minister's son, hosting the show. There's just something about him that bugs the heck out of me. I think the even the producers thought they needed something else since there's another guy providing a bit of comic relief. I can't rememeber his name but he's kind of like a Tom Green.

For all of you Americans that have access to CTV, tune in and watch. You won't be disappointed.

Marc.

Dan Paolozza

Stunt Coordinator
Just be warned: as good as the talent is, our judges suck. (Except for Sass). The other three don't have nearly the character of any of the U.S. judges. To me, they come off as pompous know-it-all's desparately trying not to act or come off like a know-it-all. The one Zack guy has a bit of an attitude, but without the flare or personality of Simon.

But in the end, yeah, the talent is surprisingly good (and sometimes surprisingly bad - I think we take the cake on that one too). And it's not really about the judges, anyway.

Are we going to get to phone in to vote in the later rounds? Just wondering...I wouldn't be surprised if the Government had some rule against it - or more likely, a big fat tax on it! :D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I think you guys will remember the last 2 girls on the East coast show. The one that included the vocal trainer(?). She sang Unchained melody.

That was the best version I've ever heard!!

The weirdest thing was the last girl that sang "Bless this Child". I was almost blubbering when she finished, I just hope they don't try to take her soul away.

I completely understand the judges reactions to her.

I missed the Ottawa/Toronto cut, but I'll try to catch the repeat this weekend!

Brent

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
To me, Sass is Paula. She knows how hard it is for these poor people and she's overly sympathetic.

Talent is good but as cheesy as ever!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Well the Ottawa/Toronto show was pretty good, and I was happy to see they did a lot of the eliminations during the show.

I think that the female talent is much higher than the American version.

My to favs are stil in YAY!!

Brent
The 2 I mentioned in my last post.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
MY first guess would be one of the girls I like.

The vocal coach!

Brent

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
So tonight we heard from the first(of three) group of ten finalists. About eight of them were extremely talented. The last girl gave me goosebumps when she hit the money note during "I will always love you". The judges were incredibly harsh. They even criticized the singers who gave amazing performances. So 7 out of 10 get booted tommorow night? The last girl is in for sure, but the other two will be a hard pick.

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks