What's new

Canadian GTA Deal On 'The Apprentice' : Season One (1 Viewer)

Kevin Royal

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

Scooped this up today, thought I'd pass it on.

Zellers, at least here in Brampton, so i'm assuming it's Regional, has 'The Apprentice' on DVD for $27.99 CDN. It's clearly a misprint, but one that's worth taking advantage of if you can. The misprint is on page 41 of the current flyer. It's with some Ella Enchanted DVD, which I think is what the price is intended for, but it clearly states it applies to Season One of the Apprentice

I picked it up at the store, where its sticker price is a cold $49.99, but brought it to a cashier with the ad, who pointed out it was probably a misprint, and she had to check, customer service, then electronics, then back to Customer Service. She said she couldn't approve it on her own and needed an Assistant Manager, who came and did it for her. If she put up a fight, there could possibly have been a scene on my part. ;)

Paid cash and made out like a bandit with an after-tax price of just over $30...

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Kevin

mycarmen444

Auditioning
Real Name
carmen
A television reality show was the inspiration for a Radlett teenager’s scheme to raise money for children in India and Africa.

Raphael Levy, a 14-year-old student at Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School has set up a competition based on the BBC show The Apprentice, which involves two teams battling it out in entrepreneurial challenges.

The teenager, who lives in the Ridgeway, signed up to the Wings of Hope challenge after an assembly at the school hosted by previous winners of the charity’s Achievement Award, which encourages children to undertake fundraising tasks to raise money for poor and orphaned children in developing countries.

Until the end of term Raphael will be setting weekly challenges to two teams who will compete to sell something. The team that makes more money gets through to the next round and one person from the losing team gets “fired”. All money raised goes to the charity.

Raphael is due to hold a charity auction tomorrow, with 16 students competing to raise the highest amount. The winners will then become team captains of the two groups which will be chosen by next week. The final task for the remaining three will be to hold a talent show in the last week of term.

“I haven’t done much charity work before and this sounded like a really good way to get in to it,” Raphael explained. “Haberdashers’ is a very privileged school and I feel I’m incredibly lucky to go there.

“If there are children who can’t go to school at all and I can not only go but pay money to go to such a good school it doesn’t seem to be a fair balance. So it seems to be the right thing to do to try and help children who are less well off.”

Raphael and his group are hoping to raise more than £1,000. To sponsor him visit justgiving.com/raphlevy

mycarmen444

Auditioning
Real Name
carmen
A television reality show was the inspiration for a Radlett teenager’s scheme to raise money for children in India and Africa.

Raphael Levy, a 14-year-old student at Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School has set up a competition based on the BBC show The Apprentice, which involves two teams battling it out in entrepreneurial challenges.

The teenager, who lives in the Ridgeway, signed up to the Wings of Hope challenge after an assembly at the school hosted by previous winners of the charity’s Achievement Award, which encourages children to undertake fundraising tasks to raise money for poor and orphaned children in developing countries.

Until the end of term Raphael will be setting weekly challenges to two teams who will compete to sell something. The team that makes more money gets through to the next round and one person from the losing team gets “fired”. All money raised goes to the charity.

Raphael is due to hold a charity auction tomorrow, with 16 students competing to raise the highest amount. The winners will then become team captains of the two groups which will be chosen by next week. The final task for the remaining three will be to hold a talent show in the last week of term.

“I haven’t done much charity work before and this sounded like a really good way to get in to it,” Raphael explained. “Haberdashers’ is a very privileged school and I feel I’m incredibly lucky to go there.

“If there are children who can’t go to school at all and I can not only go but pay money to go to such a good school it doesn’t seem to be a fair balance. So it seems to be the right thing to do to try and help children who are less well off.”

Raphael and his group are hoping to raise more than £1,000. To sponsor him visit justgiving.com/raphlevy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks