What's new

Canada's First DVD Awards (1 Viewer)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
For whatever reason all my posts and even my username have disappeared. Parker's looking into it, but I can't post any links until I've 15 legit posts. So, I can't link to the winners list directly, however, you can get there my clicking the link in my sig.

These awards weren't the farce that some of you were expecting, although I still don't agree with some of the titles that were in certain catagories. CEN did a marvelous job of putting this together, and it definitely has a lot of potential.

It also wasn't televised. There was a TV crew there, but it was from a local news station and I think they were only there to get some footage of the lovely and lucious Trish Stratus.

KerryK -? It was nice meeting you this weekend. Hopefully, we'll bump into each other again at another get together.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Shane - it was nice to meet you too. I hope you had a good time in Toronto.

The show wasn't as horrible as I had feared, I was surprised at how many people were there. Speaking of which, what was up with the Canadian Idol judges being there? (I only saw two of them so I'm not sure how many were actually present.) It seemed kind of strange for them to be there and not present an award or anything. Whatever.

And Lord of the Rings won practically everything, so hopefully that'll be repeated on Oscar night!

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I did have a good time in TO. There is so much more to do than where I live. It only takes 20 minutes to cross town and that's if you catch every red light :D

I don't know why the Canadian Idol judges were there. The only one missing was Sass. The other three were there, but good ol' Simon wanna be Zack went missing after his act performed.

Lord of the Rings did clean up, but there wasn't really much competition for it as the Indy box set or the Alien Quad wasn't nominated. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be part of next years awards.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Zack at the after party actually. At least Ben Mulroney wasn't there! That would have been the ultimate in horror.

I was glad my company didn't win anything (because I would have had to go up and accept the award and I'm kind of shy), but to lose to Men With Brooms is kind of a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks