What's new

Canada Wins Hockey Gold (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
"The way it was meant to be." :rolleyes
Congratulations to Canada for winning the gold medal! Hopefully, it won't be another 50 years for your next.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
CONGRATS CANADA!
Good game.
bk0nzkvj.gif

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Our first gold in 50 years. I'm leaving to go celebrate at a sports bar with some friends. Life just doesn't get any sweeter. Can't wait to see tomorrows headlines.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep it's true Canada rules ice hockey 5-2 over team U.s.
Yeah baby:):)
3 stars
3... ?
2...Mike Richter
1...Joe Sakic
Couldn't think of a third
3... the rest of the team.
The U.s. team had a 30+% on power plays .... not tonight:)
ANy body see Wayne Gretzky?? man oh man was he happy!!
Men and woman!!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since the game outcome is final, I changed the header on this thread for any discussion or comments about the game. Again, a word of caution, don't let this become a pissing match between neighbors. It was a good game and the better team won today. Actually, I thought the United States team did better than I originally thought.
Crawdaddy

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Football needs to be an Olympic sport. ;)
Congrats to Canada--all those third period blocked shots brought back bad memories of the Flyers/Devils Game 7 from a couple years ago.
Evab

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Link Removed
A decisive victory. I have no animosity towards the US players, but perhaps the US coach should reassess what he terms "stupid" hockey...:D
Congrats to both our men's and women's teams!!!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Congratulations to BOTH teams.

Of course there can only be one gold medal team (unless you count figure skating...), but remember that both Canada and US coaches/managers were either beefing themselves up in the press or prepared to knock the pedestal out from the other.

What really surprised me was the lack of respect NBC had for its own hockey team. If they had won the Gold, they would be covering the post game ceremonies and interviewing everyone from the coaches to the towel boy. It's a shame that NBC didn't even have the sense to broadcast the medal presentation so that their audience would at least get some satisfaction in seeing their own get awarded the silver medals live. The CBC coverage was far superior and fair.

There were great moments after the presentation on CBC when four Detroit players (2 US and 2 Canadian) posed with their medals for the press. A show of class indeed.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I was quite happy that the ref (a Canadian) didn't make any really bad calls, and let the teams play hockey. Aside from the tripping call, all the rest were undisputably penalties.

The US came on strong in the third, but Canada used its chances to better advantage. That was one exciting game!

It was also intersting to see that there was very little use of trying to spring the two line pass like we saw the Europeans doing in the earlier games. I still think the NHL should lose the red line, as it would really open up the play, and make for many more one on one battles.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Excellent game. Congrats to Canada on both hockey golds, they deserved to win. I had a few fav moments of the game

1-Fleury getting checked on open ice when he wasnt looking :) (sorry im a islander fan who hates his guts)

2-Super Marios fake to let Paul Kariya score the goal

3-Mike Richters save where he bent backwards on his knees. Any other goalie would have let that one in

4-Brodeur's leg save on Hull's slapshot

5-After the Medal Ceremony guys from both teams were taking pictures together. Great to see the two north american teams as the best in the world.

Now lets get back to the NHL games where they can kick each others butts now :)

capt

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Right now I'm in Florida. While I've been lucky in that NBC has covered both Women's and Men's Gold medal games, it just isn't the same seeing them win down here. The bar we were in just didn't errupt in cheering. I know, I'm in the States, but no one even seemed to care! No one was even paying attention to the game. I've heard stories of streets filled with cheering, cars honking, damn I wish I was there instead of here. Bad time for a vacation huh?

At least the flight home will be full of Canadians who also missed the celebration, so I'll try to have a special party over at 30,000 feet!

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
The bar we were in just didn't errupt in cheering. I know, I'm in the States, but no one even seemed to care! No one was even paying attention to the game. I've heard stories of streets filled with cheering, cars honking, damn I wish I was there instead of here. Bad time for a vacation huh?
If the US is going to loose it is great that Canada can get the gold. A win for us would have had none of the feel like 1980 or 1960, but for Canada it really means something.

Go for it Canada. Congrats

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know, I'm in the States, but no one even seemed to care! No one was even paying attention to the game. I've heard stories of streets filled with cheering, cars honking, damn I wish I was there instead of here. Bad time for a vacation huh?
That's the way it is in much of the States. Hockey is no where near as important to us as it is in your country. The whole 1980 thing in which our country got excited was more about politics than the actual game of hockey. My comments are not meant to degrade the sport of hockey nor the Canadian win but just to speak about the realities of the situation.

Crawdaddy

Eric Gan

Agent
I just don't get this game. I can never see the puck. I thought the Fox Track was a good idea. Sigh...I guess I'll just stick with basketball, baseball and football. And I'm Canadian too!
Funny, when I talk to my cousin in the states about hockey, he'll say, "ice hockey?". That would be the end of the conversation. :confused:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to the Candian team and all the happy Canadians out there. I was of course rooting for the U.S. team, but if it couldn't have been ours, I'm glad Canada won it. Heck, they invented the sport.

The American team simply got outplayed, although I'm very proud of their overall performance throughout the Olympics.

Again, congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks