What's new

Canada - Russia (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
The two biggest words in hockey today.

I can't believe no one is talking about this at all, with all the bowl games, NFL playoff hunt, etc, but the world junior hockey championship game starts today in half an hour. This is some of the ABSOLUTE BEST HOCKEY you will ever see. It's a major event here in Canada, especially when they are playing, which they are this year.

Lets get ready to rock boys!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Watching it right now Paul! 2-1 Canada at the first intermission. Wonderful that it started at noon, I hate drinking in the morning :)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
wish I was at home to watch it...can't find a streaming audio link either that isn't already jammed full :frowning: If anyone finds one please email me the URL

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
tsn has a really lame scoreboard that doesn't seem to update going. it's the best i got going at work tho.

3-2 for our boys with 11 left in the second

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
They tied it up!! I can't believe it!! I went to "freshen my drink" and the Russians tied it up!! 3-3 now.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Oh how things change. 4-3 Russia. Come on Canada! Quit celebrating what was the lead and get back to the game plan. 6 1/2 minutes left in the second.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
No kidding Michael. Gotta love my Big Rock.

it seems the entire momentum of the game has turned as soon as Russia pulled their fat-a$$ of a goaltender (seriously - did you see that guy on the bench with his mask off? He looks like he should be on the couch, watchin the game with his Chee-tos)

Our boys are not hitting as much in the second, nor are they winning faceoffs which htheyy dominated in the entire tournament.

Side note - did everyone notice the DENON ad at the far side on the right hand blue line (from the main camera). This is the Czech republic!!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
oh man, tough game, was fun to watch though. Thought Kobachew and Hamheus both played an amazing game. Too bad Boyes and Aulin weren't on their games though. very well played, and amazing hockey, I wish it was all like that. Next year I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks