What's new

Canada returns to U.S. broadcast television - Flashpoint: Season 1 (1 Viewer)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I've found it to be a suprisingly resonant premise, and a very well shot series.

Manages to stay away from trite AND boring, and really squeezes all the emotional esence from this situation where no one knows the other, all sides are heavily armed, and the tactical unit's objective is that no one die. A lot of psychology, judgment, training and skill at work, and they display it quite well, so far.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Bogey Whisperer. The only SWAT show to make you weep like a little girl every time it wraps up. I'm lucky to have seen the ad for it on yesterday's Jeopardy recording, because I wasn't expecting it and haven't logged into the HTF until now today. Haven't watched it but I did record it.

Gah. Friday's now a big problem. Ghost Whisperer, Friday Night Lights, Flashpoint, Star Wars, Fifth Grader, Don't Forget the Lyrics. There's a conflict with at least two of them. I went to Time-Warner to see if they had four tuner DVRs yet, but they didn't know anything about them. Besides, from what I read after getting home, the tuners on those units are two HD/two SD. Not the ideal solution.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
That's good news. I like a lot of dark and complex entertainment, so this is my change of pace show (along with Castle). What I like about this show is the good guys are basic normal decent good guys. And often even the bad guys are simply good guys on a bad day, or maybe marginal guys on a bad day. The cops don't treat them as "criminals" but as a "person taking a wrong turn." Perhaps sometimes the show goes overboard in trying to reach out to people putting themselves and others in danger, but the show appeals to something in me about how to treat people, even when they're screwing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks