What's new

can you share your 300U settings please? (1 Viewer)

chris_clem

Second Unit
I finally pulled the trigger on my first FP!:D It took countless hours of reading up here but I think it will be all worth it soon (It gets delivered and installed this Saturday):emoji_thumbsup:

I was initially set on purchasing the 200u but when I went to buy the thing earlier today I had it setup next to the 300u. Doing a comparison I saw noticeable screen door effect on the 200u but not on the 300u so I opted to shell out a little more to get the higher model:b I am interested on how other owners have this thing setup. Can others please share their exact settings and make note if there is a filter or not (I would prefer not having to buy a filter). Anyone have it ISF'ed?

In another thread there is mention of "Scott's settings" in another forum. I find it a little difficult to navigate through that other forum, can someone post these setings here please?

Also, I was thinking of buying a Denon 2200 or 2900 to use for this but the place I bought it from gave a DVD player for free! I have detailed this here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=170674

If anyone knows something about this player please feel free to help me out...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What kind of screen will you be using with your 300? Also, those of you that share your settings should also post what you are using as a screen solution.

chris_clem

Second Unit
I will be using a 96x72 Viewtech High gain white screen. I am not sure if this brand is available in the US but the place I bought the PJ from said it is comparable (but in their opinion better) to a Da-Lite in specs/performance. I paid about $500 for it fixed frame mounted with black borders (labor costs here are cheap).

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I just upgraded to the L300 recently and I did "ISF" it. (Did it myself.) Grayscale on the bottom end can be nailed easily ... which was the good news. The bad news was that even with the many parameters for grayscale on the bright end ... the unit still could not get the bright end quite right without totally compromising the dark end. I ended up letting the bright end be more blue so that the dark end was accurate.

Unfortunately, sharing settings is generally a waste of time because there is no way you can account for the type of screen the person is using. Settings for projecting onto a white wall are quite different than a gray screen. And of course not all gray screens are the same gray.

It's like sharing the combination to my bike lock with you ... maybe it works and maybe it doesn't ...

Regards

chris_clem

Second Unit
I made a mistake in my previous post. It's a 100 inch diagonal screen with 16:9 proportions. I think it will be cut from a 4:3 screen with the measurements I gave (96x72).

Michael (and others), which DIY calibration disc would you recommend AVIA or the new DVE? I hear the new DVE is pretty good and in some ways (EX encoding test tones?) better that AVIA. I am a complete newb to this thing so feel free to tell me which one might be "simpler to follow". thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks