Can you share Xbox Live accounts on 2 Xbox's

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave Scarpa, May 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I'm giving great consideration to picking up a 2nd Xbox. Can I share my existing Xbox live account with it? How exactly does that all work?

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Thats a good question Dave! I'm considering doing the same!

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I believe you just have to copy your data to a memory card

4. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Dave,
    I currently have two XBOX with the same account info, however I haven't tried to fire them up at the same time if that's what you're getting at. You can transfer via the memory card as Jeff said, or just go into account recovery (the newer XBOX already have a Live option in the dashboard when you turn it on) If I remember correctly you can have your account info on up to 8 machines.

Gary

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    No I'm not looking to be on at the same time. I'm just thinking about buying another XBox since I moved the one I had out of my Theater onto My 30" Widescreen I just bought. I find that size and type of tv works best for FPS and such, Sports games are great on my 65" Mits. I'm debating whether I should get a new or used Box.

6. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

im thinking of doing the same soon. If i can get a good deal on another box ill put one in my home theater. At the moment i have mine in my room since i usually play at night and then afterwards right to bed

capt

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I would Imagine the Price for a used Box would probably be about a $130 or so right now, wonder if it's worth it to buy used

8. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

In the Live area of the Dashboard there is an option to "Copy." Using that you can copy your acount info to a memory card. Take that memory card over to any other Xbox you want and copy the file onto the harddrive. Easy as pie. (said in gross little goblin voice)

This is what you'll have to do to d/l all the extra content available on Live for the various games put on your extra 'Boxes, since you can't fit most of the files onto a memory card for transport.