Can you set the sub level independantly for different sources on mid-end Yamahas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I was just browsing the 950 feature "bugs" thread and I realized I never have even tried to set the sub level different for analog inputs on the CD player vs the digital input on the DVD player. AFAIK, its universal, and I have never really had any problems. I have a RX-V1200. Can anyone confirm whether you can do this on the mid-end yamahas (ie 800, 1000, 1200, 3000)? If not, why not?

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

I had the same "Wha?" reaction.

I didnt recall any such feature in my rxv800 manual, and am just used to sliding the sub level on the remote til I get a thump I like.

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I've never had any problem just leaving it where it is. Perhaps the Yamaha's have better ciruitry for handling all the possibly different analog and digital input bass levels, and there is no need to change it.

4. DougO

DougO Stunt Coordinator

The RX-V2200 does not allow differing sub volume settings for individual inputs nor sound modes. I think it would be nice if it could as PL2 on CDs is a tad beefier on the low end compared to, well, any other mode. Then again I don't listen to well recorded music in PL2 mode very often (preferring 2-channel stereo). Besides this, I think the low end is matched nicely for other modes without a need to keep separate settings (though sometimes you may want to crank up the sub (then later scurry for the remote as your sub crushes your chest [​IMG] )).