What's new

Can you recommend a good F-Pin cable? (1 Viewer)

SteveMs

Agent
Hi. I am in the market for new F-Pin style cables for my Moto 6412. I hear mixed revies regarding the Monster branded cables, so I am looking for recommendations. i dont want to spend a fortune, but I am budgeting roughly $40 per cable or less. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Stavs

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Probably not going to make too much difference unless you have a long run of cable, lots of electrical interference, or a bad connector.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10216&style=

or if you want something a bit better overall -- custom length with Belden RG59 1505 or RG6 1694 core cable.
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/...able/1694A.htm

I don't see any reason to pay anything higher than Blue Jeans price.
Honestly even Radio Shacks basic cable isn't a bad choice in most situations -- I find the connector quality is the key to F-connectors. I've seen too many people trying to use cables where the connector is only half on and can't figure out why the signal is so bad.

SteveMs

Agent
Well, I had some AR branded blue rf cables. I think the problem is the connectors. I've been looking at the Bluejeans stuff, and it seems like what I need. So, do I get the RG59 or R6? I cant really discern the difference except for flexibility and lower loss. For digital hd cable/broadband, should I just get the RG6?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd probably get the RG6 though if you're running short lengths indoors (Cable outlet to Cable box). I don't think you'd have much problem though I'm so used to Sat TV where RG6 is somewhat more useful running long runs from the outside to the receiver. I'm actually a bit surprised the AR cables aren't working well unless they are pretty old or been stressed out (lots of attaching/reattaching, stretched a bit too far, etc).

SteveMs

Agent

Well, I had a problem with my FoxHD channel not showing up. I wiggle the cable, and it comes back in. Its the connector...I ended up ordering from bluejeans based on the reviews and their connectors look quality. I've been a Monster guy for years (worked at Best Buy so i got a discount), and I've tried BetterCables, so I figured I'd give BlueJeans a shot.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Certainly sounds like a broken cable/shield/connector though I guess it's odd that it's only one channel? I think BJC has a money back guarantee though I've honestly rarely heard anybody ever send one back -- at least b/c they didn't like the quality.

If you have a lot of F-connector cables like I do, it is pretty neat to be able to replace your own -- a bunch of Digicon compression fitting, a cheap stripper, and handheld compression tool and your off to the races. I'm always re-running cable lines, moving stuff around, and I think I've replaced every connector in my house over the last year -- ?? 50 connectors counting every cable run indoors and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks