Can you polish scratches off CDs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ten_Smith, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Ten_Smith

Ten_Smith Stunt Coordinator

I've got a couple of scratched up CD's where there are skips and drop-out. I read an old thread about this. It seems most folk were recommending a home product called some thing like "DVD Disc Doctor." Any other recomendation like that? Where can it be purchased?

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

Rally car was is reported to work well, and is much cheaper than the products marketed to fix discs.:0

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Absolutely, and off of DVD's as well. Most of the good products will buff out or fill in the scratch so that the laser doesnt get redirected. These products have saved me a pretty penny either from friends who have scratched a couple of discs or ones that I have bought through Columbia house and when they arrive the disc is loose in the case. Instead of going through the time/trouble of sending the disc all the way back to the manufacture or Columbia I just use my CD- glop and bam its fixed [​IMG]
    KyleS

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

If you're really good, you can use a Dremel tool with the soft buffing disc and get the scratches out of DVDS, LDS, and CDs. I've only messed up one DVD (City of Angels, no big loss), and have made numerous ill-treated discs playable.

5. shankar

shankar Stunt Coordinator

This DVD Doctor is demo'd and sold in Best Buy.