What's new

Can you polish scratches off CDs? (1 Viewer)

Ten_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a couple of scratched up CD's where there are skips and drop-out. I read an old thread about this. It seems most folk were recommending a home product called some thing like "DVD Disc Doctor." Any other recomendation like that? Where can it be purchased?

KyleS

Screenwriter
Absolutely, and off of DVD's as well. Most of the good products will buff out or fill in the scratch so that the laser doesnt get redirected. These products have saved me a pretty penny either from friends who have scratched a couple of discs or ones that I have bought through Columbia house and when they arrive the disc is loose in the case. Instead of going through the time/trouble of sending the disc all the way back to the manufacture or Columbia I just use my CD- glop and bam its fixed :D
KyleS

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
If you're really good, you can use a Dremel tool with the soft buffing disc and get the scratches out of DVDS, LDS, and CDs. I've only messed up one DVD (City of Angels, no big loss), and have made numerous ill-treated discs playable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks