What's new

Can you identify this movie? (1 Viewer)

Dean Andre

Grip
There was a movie that has kind of scarred me for life that I have not been able to identify. Maybe someone here could help me out.

I saw this in '85 or '86 on HBO or Cinemax. In it there was a scene where four teenagers were in a car (a station wagon or something like that), two were making out and the other two were waiting awkwardly in the front seat. It's your typical double date, where one pair works and the other act super modest in front of each other.

Anyway the two in the back get kind of heated and they decide that the two in the front should follow their lead. Things get out of hand and one of the women ends up getting date raped on the lawn. One of the guys knocks her down on the lawn and rips at her shirt. I also remember a pool being in the scene, but I can't remember if they had been in it or not.

Anyway, that's all I can really remember. Since this is the Home Theater Forum, I was hoping that someone here could identify this movie. I'm wanting to see if it is still as extreme as I remember it as a kid.

Any additional information would help. Thanks in advance!

Hugh M

Second Unit
Avia - Guide to Home Theater?
sounds familiar. maybe not the same movie though.
;)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Sounds a little like the opening scene of the Pia Zadora epic The Lonely Lady (1983)

Dean Andre

Grip
Thanks for the response. I'll have to try those titles you mention to see if those look familar.

Like I said, by today's standards this scene would be really tame, but it really shocked me in fifth grade.

1983 sounds about right for when it would have been released. I'll try that one first.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Dean Andre

Grip
Bill

The Lonely Lady is it! When you said "epic", I thought you meant something with class, and I don't exactly remember anything classy about this one.

When I asked Blockbuster if they had it for rent, they said it was a Drama Romance, and so I really didn't think it was the right movie.

I mentioned this in passing to one of my best friends at work, and he knew what movie I was talking about! I couldn't believe that someone I talk to pretty much every day, knew a the name of the movie that has bugged me for years.

I put in this title in yahoo and got all kinds of reviews for this movie. Apparently this is on a lot of people's worst movies of all time list.

I can't wait to see it.

Thanks again, Bill! I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks