What's new

Can you identify this effect? (1 Viewer)

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I will try to explain this as well as possible. Those of you that know might find it easy to know what this is and if there is a solution.

I have a Infocus 4805 and a Dalite screen.

When there is a snow scene (like Hoth from ESB) or a water scene (Finding Nemo), I will get a "digitized wavy line" across (horizontally) my screen.

It is like a distortion, or fuzzy line that vibrates or waves a little. I only notice it when the background is only primarily one color. The "line" is thin - it does not take over a large percentage of the screen.

I have AVIA but have not used it yet. I don't think it has anything to do with color calibration though...but I might be very wrong about that too.

Well, what do you think?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't use the projector. But lower settings on brightness and contrast should make it much less notice-able if not gone all together. These are critical adjustments as well with DVE and Avia.

A simple THX Optimizer available on many many modern dvd's, can help quite a bit too.

I posted more or less even though I have no experience with the projector just because nobody else had.

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the tip...

Anyone else?? come on guys...at least let me know you understand the "effect" I am talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericjonathan
Recent bookmarks