What's new

Can you identify this effect? (1 Viewer)

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I will try to explain this as well as possible. Those of you that know might find it easy to know what this is and if there is a solution.

I have a Infocus 4805 and a Dalite screen.

When there is a snow scene (like Hoth from ESB) or a water scene (Finding Nemo), I will get a "digitized wavy line" across (horizontally) my screen.

It is like a distortion, or fuzzy line that vibrates or waves a little. I only notice it when the background is only primarily one color. The "line" is thin - it does not take over a large percentage of the screen.

I have AVIA but have not used it yet. I don't think it has anything to do with color calibration though...but I might be very wrong about that too.

Well, what do you think?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I don't use the projector. But lower settings on brightness and contrast should make it much less notice-able if not gone all together. These are critical adjustments as well with DVE and Avia.

A simple THX Optimizer available on many many modern dvd's, can help quite a bit too.

I posted more or less even though I have no experience with the projector just because nobody else had.

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the tip...

Anyone else?? come on guys...at least let me know you understand the "effect" I am talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks