What's new

Can you hook up a Phono to TX-SR600 (1 Viewer)

john marine

Auditioning
Okay....I didn't think this one out.

I now have a nice space to hook-up my old turntable and show my son what a record is, but I have a Onyko TX-SR600, and it doesn't have a Phono input...can I just plug the turntable into the CD input?..or am I at a dead-end here untill I upgrade...? Any thoughts/direction on resolving would be welcome. Thanks!

---John

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
You can't just plug into one of the other inputs, the turntable outputs at a very low level. You could buy an external phono stage.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do a search on "phono preamp" or possibly just "phono" for recommendations. This is farily common these days.

john marine

Auditioning
Thanks...once I get the phono pre-amp, can I just plug it any open "port" on the receiver....I don't use my CD player on this setup, so I was thinking of routing it through there....?

---John

Bill Will

Screenwriter
John, YES. The turntable hooks up to the pre-amp & then the pre-amp hooks up to ANY Analog Audio Input that you want to plug it into on the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks