What's new

Can you help me name these Buster Keaton movies? (1 Viewer)

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to know the name of the movie in which Buster Keaton, running from the cops(I think), jumps through a mans stomach to escape.

Also, there is a scene I remember in which a side of a house falls down toward Buster and he escapes injury because the window was open.

It's been YEARS since I have seen these scenes. they may even be from the same movie.

Most importantly, though, are they out on DVD, and, if they are, which company has released the best version.

Oh, and is there any releases of other silent comedy classics( I do know about Chaplin).

Thanks in advance

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The second one is easy - it comes from the classic silent feature STEAMBOAT BILL JR. (available on Kino video

The first one I believe is from the two-reeler COPS. The short is available with the classic THE GENERAL (also Kino)
Both are still in print on DVD

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I think the first one is actually from Sherlock Jr. If it is, it is currently out on DVD from Kino; the same disc also has Our Hospitality. Still, the two reeler of Cops is very funny, too.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Wasn't the second one (open window falling over Keaton) from the short One Week? That's the one where Keaton and his new bride take 7 days to build their new kit house and of course run into all sorts of problems...
By the way, Kino Video has released the complete Art Of Buster Keaton on 11 DVDs. 10 of the discs each have one of his feature length movies plus 1 or 2 of his shorts. I picked this up from DVD Planet recently and I'm thrilled to have all this stuff finally (I can provide the list of movies/shorts if necessary, but take a look at DVD Planet - they should have the list). The 11th disc has some extras including some latter day footage (not the classic NFB Railrodder short unfortunately).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks