What's new

Can You Help Me Fix My Sound Problem? (1 Viewer)

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
I've got an audigy, running Klipsch Promedia (basically quad sound for games). All of a sudden both right channels (front and back) are gone. I tried switching to two channel stereo - still no right channel. I thought it was my speakers so I tried headphones - still no right channel. Which means it must be my soundcard, right? Any advice on what to try?

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Are you using the 4.1 or 5.1 promedia's? Did you plug your headphones into the jack on the side of the speaker/control pod or into the soundcard itself?

Klipsch was having problems losing channels and the source ended up being the subwoofer, not the satellites.

If it ends up being your sub Klipsch's Forum is a good place to get more info on this. Also, they were extending warranties (at least on the 5.1's) to 2 years through their website a while back.

John

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
I've got the 4.1, John, which (innitially at least) has no headphone jack on the control pod. I plugged the headphones directly into my soundcard so I'm pretty sure the problem is not with my speakers...Thanks for responding.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm...well then it looks like it is either your soundcard or your drivers. Have you tried re-installing you drivers. This is the only thing I can think of.

Good luck

John

Matt`G

Agent
I'd bet its the drivers. Because it is both front and back, it can't just be a messed up 1/8" input plug on the card. I had a similar problem for a while on my SBLive card, except the right channel (or was it the left? I don't remember) would play very quietly. Still barely audible when doing the speaker test of the female voice saying "Front left, front right, etc". I really can't remember how I fixed the problem -- but it would go away upon reboot I'm pretty sure. Try switching the speaker set up in the Creative drivers between 4 channel and headphones, then back. Hope this helps.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Apologies in advance for being *too* obvious, but did you open the Volume Control dialog and see if somehow the balance and/or fade got set such that all the sound goes to the left?

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I really appreciate it. Yes I messed with the control screen options, balance, headphones to quad and back again,etc, but it didn't help. Thought about reinstalling the drivers but put it off because I don't know where the hell my Creative drivers disc is...Guess I better start hunting for it (by the way - I don't recommend Creative cards...before you can even get your new card home they've already come out with a new line and they never update the drivers for your "old" one ... At least that's been my experience with the Audigy.)

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
Hey just wanted to say a belated thanks to all who responded. Installing drivers did fix the problem. I couldn't find my original driver disc but I did find Audigy 2 drivers online AND a way to make them work with my Audigy 1 card, so I'm pretty happy (since Creative has basically abandoned Audigy 1 with no updated drivers.)

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks