What's new

Can you fix subwoofer rattle? (1 Viewer)

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a sub from someone and it was shipped UPS. Upon getting it set up I began to hear something like plates rattling. I was initially excited as I thought this was the deep bass I had been looking for, but after removing all the offending parties the rattling persisted. As I was doing the THX subwoofer test I focused on the sub visually and knew that the rattling was coming from inside the enclosure.

Knowing that UPS aren't the carefullest of sorts, I opened the sub hoping to find something rattling inside, but no luck, the rattling was internal to the woofer itself. Pressing on one of the passive radiators to make the woofer itself move, the rattle persists even with no power. The rattling appears to be located somewhere near the voice coil or at the top of the magnet.

Is there something I can do? The Woofer is an AV12 if that helps at all. There are no screws anywhere on the woofer than I can find to "tighten" anything.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
It's coming from the AV12, when removed from the enclosure and shaken something rattles, metal on metal inside the subwoofer itself. NO idea what it could be because it doesn't visibly move

Eric Eash

Second Unit
best thing to do would be to contact stryke and see what they say. i have 2 AV15s and neither of them have that problem. most likely you'll have to return it.

eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks