What's new

Can you *feel* the SVS 25-31 PCi? (1 Viewer)

MoG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I really enjoy feeling bass. Does the 25-31 PCi do this?

Thanks, Mo

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
I can't speak for the 25-31 Pci but I have dual 20-39 CSi with a sampson s700 amp. I can feel the bass. In fact I was just talking to my brother the other day about the song that SVS has suggested on their webpage Notorious B.I.G. -- "Dead Wrong" that I can't hear the bass - I only feel it.

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
I have only had my 2531pci for less than one day, and after a brief calibration I cannot get my gain above about 1/3 without "feeling the house shake".

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I have been wondering myself if the 25-31 can be felt as much as the bigger subs. I don't want to spend more money if I don't have to, and if it's not that big of a difference I'll go for the little guy.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The 3 sizes of sub within each SVS model have identical everything except for port length (I'm not entirely sure if enclosure volume completely takes care of the lower tune or if they make the ports longer too, I think the ports will have to be longer though), and the length of the tube.
The larger models trade above 35hz output capability for more output capability in the under 25hz range. Here is a graph from SVS's site that shows the CS series. 16-46CS is in purple, 20-39CS is in red, and the 25-31CS is in light blue.
Link Removed
The above 35hz differences are small with the 25-31 being the loudest. So in reality with techno type music the 25-31 could be the one you feel the mose. The extension difference don't really become big until under 20hz and they are larger than the above 35hz differences.
You can also request to have the 25-31 models retuned to 22hz using a longer port.

Arron H

Second Unit
The way that TV explained to me is:
1. The 25-31PCI is stronger than the 20-39 & 16-46 at frequencies greater than 25Hz. Also, the 25-31PCi will actually extend down to 21-22Hz in most rooms less than 2500 cu feet.
2. If you want to pick up another 1/6 octave extension, you can have the 25-31PCi tuned to 22Hz rather than 25Hz. The tradeoff is a loss of a Db or so from 25Hz to 50Hz.
TV & Ron, did I get that right ;) ;) ??

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I indeed can feel my BASS:D Let me say that I have watched TPM three times since Wednesday(yes I need more dvds). Now that I have this new DE5AS receiver, I will have to watch it again. I love my 25-31PCi. I am not sure that I would want to go lower for fear of having to glue small objects down in my house. TV (after sending room dimensions) felt I should not tune to 22 and I can say that I am truely happy, hey even my wife is admitting the new found addiction to our new "rumble box". :D :D

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Let me explain it this way. I got the 25-31PCi custume tuned to 22hz.
I am paralized from neck down. So you pretty much know my sense of touch is almost non-existent. I sit up in bed most of the time on a regular hospital mattress with a 4 inch foam mat on top of the mattress. I never turn my volume above -20 on the receiver(20db below reference level). I turn my subs volumn to 1/4 the way up. I calibrate the sub to 81db using a SPL meter.
I can feel the bass. :D

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have the Dual 25-31CS w/Samson amp package and custom tuned to 22Hz. My room is 4500 cubic feet. The subs sit about 10feet away. During the first 4 minutes of Toy Story 2 I can make my pant legs move and tingle the hair on my head. My subs may not go as low as the 20-39 or 16-46 but I don't mind. I am truly amazed by these subs!

The 25-31 is great for music. If all you did was listen to Organ type music I'd suggest the others. But if you listen to a little of everything and money is important then you can't go wrong with the 25-31.

Users who are viewing this thread