Can you do "the squeeze" on the Panasonic CT-32SF37

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blaine Skerry, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry Second Unit

I was reading in another thread about squeezing the display on the JVC D series TV's via the service menu and was wondering if it can be done with the Panasonic CT-32SF37. I have the Canadian equivalent of this set (GAOO here in the GWN)and the sets seem to be identical. So, any one know if it can be done through the service menu? I have emailed Panasonic Canada from their website asking about a service manual but they have not answered yet.

2. Blaine Skerry

I'm gonna bump this sucker once and if no one replies, I guess it's c'est la vie.

3. George_T

George_T Auditioning

I own a Panasonic CT-27SF11 and am able to go into the
    service mode to adjust the vertical size. The image is
    quite impressive for an 8 year old TV.
    The link below explains how to enter the service mode.
    http://www.calanan.com/panasonic/
    Note that all Panasonic monitors are not listed, but the
    proceedure may still work for your set.
    Best of luck!
    George
    www.elversonpuzzle.com

4. Blaine Skerry

Thanks, George, but getting in to the service menu is only half the battle. I have, in fact, been in the service menu but I dared not change any of the parameters because I didn't know what was what. Panasonic Canada has ignored my email asking about a service manual so unless I feel really adventurous, I'll leave everything alone for now.

5. Calvin S

Calvin S Agent

I have a Panasonic CT-32D10, which should be fairly similar to yours. For my TV, in the Pincushion Adjustments (D), look for where the option says XX D 01 -- XX will be your current default, which for me is 20. Adjusting that setting (01) performs the squeeze. After some extensive testing of aspect ratios with and without the squeeze, a setting of 5 on DVD setting 16x9 was equivalent to default setting 20 on DVD setting 4x3. Use at your own risk of course, but as long as you record the default, you can't really mess things up.

Anyway, I was astonished at the difference in resolution -- quite amazing. It was not at all hard to see the difference before and after.