Can you burn HDCD tracks?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Guidry, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if yall know if you can burn HDCD tracks? I dont have a HDCD player yet but they say you can still tell a difference.

Thanks

Mark

2. Clark Rozier

Clark Rozier Agent

Yes
    You can burn HDCD tracks.
    Check out a program called EAC to rip the tracks from the cd. You should get excellent results.
    HTH
    Clark [​IMG]

3. Mark Guidry

I have a program called NERO that I used to burn it...it worked, but I was not sure if it had burned the HDCD info like it should...this is my first experence with HDCD's so I didnt know what to expect.

Thanks

Mark

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Do you need an HDCD CD player AND a HDCD receiver?

5. Mark Guidry

I am not sure but I think you need a HDCD player to get the "full" benifits from HDCD's but you are supposed to be able to tell a slight difference on a regular CD player. But again I am not sure...can someone shed some light on this??
    This might be in the wrong part of the board [​IMG]

6. Clark Rozier

Clark Rozier Agent

Mark
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]
    I should have been a little more specific. :b
    Here's what you do...
    Grab a copy of Exact Audio Copy It's FREE by the way!
    You'll use this program to rip the tracks from your HDCD to a place on your computer. Now, you can convert these tracks to .mp3 or whatever. If I'm just making a cd compilation, I usually just leave them as .wav files. There's also .ape from Monkey's Audio which is a "lossless" codec and is very good if you plan on listening to these rips on your computer.
    Then I use Feurio to burn the tracks. Now, Feurio is not FREE but you can download an unrestricted trial copy and test it out.
    For making pure audio cds, I haven't found a better solution than these programs. I've used this combination for HDCD material and DTS material with really good results.
    Sam,
    You only need one or the other (HDCD compatible CD player or HDCD compatible receiver) not both to decode the signal.
    With some careful testing, you should be able to make some pretty remarkable sounding backups.
    I hope that clears it up a little for ya.
    Clark [​IMG]
    edit:
    Mark,
    You can also use NERO to burn the audio tracks to cd. Feurio just seems to work better for me! [​IMG]

7. Mark Guidry

Great...the nero work fine but I wasnt sure if you loose the HDCD sound when its coppied...like I didnt know if it reverted back to plane CD sound when coppied. I am very new to the HDCD concept so thanks for the input!!!!!! Now to get a HDCD player [​IMG]