What's new

Can you ask other questions Please? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

A "second" is also known as the "B-stock" or maybe something remanufactured or refurbished. So his answer could have been implied as a " B-stock Nano®". Which is a real product at an Apple store.

Colton

Supporting Actor
What is a nano second?

A: The time between when the light turns green and the idiot behind you honking his horn.

- Colton

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Doesn't light travel one foot in a nanosecond ? Or is that just how far you have to drop the nanopod in order to lose all your iTunes in a nanosecond ? :D

Sounds like a fun gig ! Is the equipment yours, or does the bar own it ? I would love to do something like this at our boat club, think any places rent it ? I'd even take a second !

Cheers !

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hey Kirk All the stuff is owned by the co.I work for.Its great I have done a couple of corporate events doing the gameshow along with parties and some weddings. last Year I did a fund raiser at Suffolk down race track.I got to meet The Mayor, Doug Flutie, and Johnny Pesky.

here is the co.I work for. BTW thats my boss down the Bottom

http://www.madj.com/gameshow.php

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yeah i will suggest that to her, it sounds like a fun time.

as for the speed of light, i'd have answered in metric, because i think it's easier to remember. 3E8 m/s (300,000,000 m/s). and light travels almost 30 cm in a second, or almost 1 ft.

i hope mark never has to say "CJ and his girlfriend came by last night, you wont believe the questions he got wrong! :)

CJ

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Dont worry I wont say anything its all in good fun. I just hadto put this girlin her place.

Hope to see you there.

Sherm

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

...but I'm unclear on how your three hundred thousand kilometers all of a sudden turned into "about a foot"? ;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Yep - and 'second hand' means something already used and now being offered for sale.

Re: Tallahassee being the capital of Florida. Is this something a lot of Americans don't know? Most Brits think it's Orlando.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think it has more to do with the fact that we just don't care.

For me, knowing the capital of a state is like knowing the state bird. It's just trivia that only helps me in trivia contests and that's about it.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'd say that after 2000 Presidential Election more than a few Americans know that Tallahassee is the capital of Florida. Of course, Animaniacs fans know *all* the state capitals... :D

"Cheyenne is in Wyomin' and perhaps you make your home in
Salt Lake City out in Utah, where the Buffalo roam
Atlanta's down in Georgia, and there's Bismarck, North Dakota
And you can live in Frankfort in your old Kentucky home."

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I wouldn't think so. I didn't think Tallahassee was brought up that much. The counties where things screwed up got the spotlight.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
As quizmaster, what answers were you ready to accept? There are common approximations, mentioned here already, a well-known more precise value (which you can get immediately from Google), and of course the constant "c" :)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well i did make a mistake and type second instead of nanosecond, but i think i'm still right, speed of light is about 3E8 m/s, or 1 ft/ns (30 cm/ns). unless i'm wrong and don't see it. sometimes my mind is an idiot.

CJ

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

All of the higher court activity took place in Tallahassee... as I remember it they even televised the recounted ballots trek by rental-type truck from the disputed counties to Tallahassee.

EugeneR

Second Unit

You are forgetting that you are talking about a country where 50% of the population has no idea who is the U.S. Vice President. Most Americans would probably guess that the capital of Florida is "DisneyWorld," that Florida is located in the Southern Hemisphere and that "Orlando" is a state.

In the interests of full disclosure, I had no idea what the capital of Florida was. :b

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Here's a good question/answer that I feel Jeapordy got wrong.

"Which Beatle released his first solo album before the rest of the group?"

The common and accepted answer is George Harrison "Wonderwall" (1967 or 68).

The ACTUAL answer is Pete Best "Best of the Beatles" (1965.)

He might not be one of the "Fab Four" but Pete Best was in the Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks