Can you ask other questions Please?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Sherman, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

I Host a Game show Tursday nights at a local bar around the corner from my house. Its a cool gig I get to hang out a bar and get paid to do so. Its set Up like a real game show with three spots Buzzers and a place in the front where the points are displayed with prizes going to the winner of each round. Now The questions are not very Hard.Last nights topic was TV Theme songs. As always we are having a blast.Then this girl who was playing looked at me and said. " I went to Stone Hill College for 4 years can you ask some other types of questions?" Sure thing!!!! "STONEHILL"

So every other question I would throw in something off the top of my head for "STONEHILL"

Here they are. Mind you she did not know any of these. Her answers are next to them.

What is the capital of Florida? ( MIAMI)

How many onces are in a Gallon? ( 16 )

What temp does water freeze? ( Oh wait she got this one )

What is the speed of light? ( 1000MPH)

What is a nano second? ( Isnt that the new Ipod )

Bonus How far will light Travel in a nano? I forget what she said But wow was it funny.

2. Daniel De

Daniel De Agent

Was she blond?

3. Mark Sherman

YUP[​IMG]

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

What is the capital of Florida? ( Floridatown )

How many onces are in a Gallon? ( That depends on the liquid )

What temp does water freeze? ( Freezing )

What is the speed of light? ( fast )

What is a nano second? ( the wife of grandpo second )

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    ouch. my girlfriend went to stonehill for her undergrad and middlebury college language school for her masters, i consider her very smart, and i'm not sure if she would have been able to get any of those, besides the capital of florida. she'd get the water freezing one, but some people just dont remember how fast light is once they take their physics final senior year in high school. as someone who has taken more science based courses than i'd care to recall, i'd be embarassed to even think the wrong answer for any of those.

CJ

6. Mark Sherman

true very true.I was looking for every day things like Milk, Water etc etc.Not top fuel nitro or Mercury.

I just wanted to Zing her with the TUDE she gave me like look at me I went to College. All in good fun. We had the folks from BUD there last night we gave away some awesome prizes including a snow Board.

7. MarkHastings

I was being more tongue in cheek, but I did realize that there was some truth to that answer. [​IMG]

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Were her breasts fake or real? (And what kind of school is Stonehill anyway? If it's a community college and she got an A.A., four years is just sad.)

9. Mark Sherman

Didn't have a chance to give a good Look and trust me I was Looking ( hell I am the Host and all )

http://www.stonehill.edu/ its a 4 year school. Her Friend was saying how smaht( Boston accent) christ my 12 year old niece knows more that she does when it comes to capitals and chemistry, she should I taught her.

10. Mark Sherman

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

tooo funny

11. WillG

WillG Producer

The funniest response I have heard to that question was years ago on Howard Stern. They asked a stripper "At what temperature does water freeze" She responds by asking "The Legal Temperature...?"

12. MarkHastings

One of the funniest things was an old bit they did on the Newlywed game.

They asked a bunch of housewives "Where does the sun rise in your neighborhood?"

Damn, if they weren't confused! and all gave different answers! [​IMG]

Or how about the Family Feud guy who was asked "What time do you wake up?"

and he respoded: "The morning"

and then was asked what time do you go to bed, and he (obviously) responded: "At night"

[​IMG]

13. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Love that answer though! [​IMG]

14. andrew markworthy

What is the capital of Florida? ( haven't a clue - as a Brit all I know about Florida is that it's where we send hard of thinking Brits for their summer vacation)

How many onces are in a Gallon? ( haven't you guys heard about the metric system? You'll be asking how many rods are in a bushel next)

What temp does water freeze? ( I don't know about US english, but in Brit colloquial english, a 'temp' is a temporary secretary replacing a regular secretary who is off sick - accordingly, the question is nonsensical)

What is the speed of light? ( based on the speed at which you see light come out of ray guns on Star Trek, about 300 mph).

What is a nano second? ( a nano with a fault in it offered at a reduced price - sorry, don't know if that translates well into American english)

15. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    it's a 4 year roman catholic private college, which is pretty selective. i asked my girlfriend these questions, and she got all but the gallon one. i knew she was pretty smart, middlebury's graduate school of languages is known as the best language school in the country. i'm still trying to figure out how she was dumb enough to end up with me.

CJ

16. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i dont think it does, i dont understand it. is it worth trying to tell us americans what it means, or is it one of those things we wouldnt understand?

CJ

17. Mark Sherman

Christ you and your GF should come up and join in some Thursday night. we start around 9 and go until 12

Im at the Holbrook location

http://dannsrestaurant.com/

18. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I'm in my 5th year of college, and these would have been my answers/guesses:

What is the capital of Florida? (Tallahassee)

How many onces are in a Gallon? (128)

What temp does water freeze? (32F)

What is the speed of light? (No idea)

What is a nano second? (10 to the power of -9)

Bonus How far will light Travel in a nano? (No idea)

I probably could've answered all of those correctly in my junior year of high school. If you don't apply what you learn, you forget it eventually. I took three years of calculus in high school and college combined and I don't think I can calculate a derivative or integral anymore.

19. MarkHastings

Temp means the same here.

What temp does water freeze?
    Sure! The question is nonsensical, BUT with a little added punctuation, I can make sense of it all.

Of course, we have to assume you didn't know your company hired a temp and you also don't know that water freezes...

Me: "Did you ask the temp what temperature water freezes at?"

You: "What temp? DOES water freeze?"

20. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Is the answer 186,000 mps?