What's new

Can we get a Tumult update? (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Construed as you would see fit to support the conclusions you want to draw. You refuse to see any of the positive going on. Everything with you is negative. This sucks, that sucks, this is wrong, that should be better. It's like you don't give a damn that a company opened its design team to make a driver specifically for a group of people that had certain design goals.

All I can think of when I read your posts is the movie Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory....I want it now!!!!
There isn't any positive customer service going on here. Where is it? Please enlighten me. I'd love to know.

What you want me to send Dan come cookies because he sold a product that there's a market for? You make it sound like he designed and built a sub just for me when there's no other market for it. He went ahead with the Tumult because there's a market for it. He thinks he can make money. This has nothing to do with the fact that we all had input on the design. We don't owe him anything for filling a demand in the market. If hadn't someone else would have.

Seth

MikeAcc

Agent
Seth,

You have the option of not spending money with Adire or Acoustic Visions, just ask for your money back.

If I was in Dan's shoes, I would refuse to sell you products, that, or either charge a put up fee for having to put up with your constant complaining.

Seth, you sure you are not Mover in disguise??

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Mike,

I don't want my money back. I want my Tumult.

Well, I guess I'm glad your not in anyone's shoes. Clearly no one at Adire is having to "put up" with my "constant complaining". Only people who read this thread. I've not complained about their product. I am confident the Tumult will be an excellent driver. I'm complaining about their lack of forthcomingness with regards to the status of the drivers.

You and Dan Hine don't seem to understand that customer service is important and I'm not crazy to be expecting better than we've seen. Instead, you're all over me like maggots on dog crap because I dare to complain about the mighty Adire Audio. Please...

Seth

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Seth,

It is not the fact that you are complaining, it is HOW you are complaining. And more to the point, I don't care if you don't like Adire..complain about them all you want b/c I CAN see your point just a little bit (even though I don't agree with the way you've gone about it...but I'm not your keeper). But dragging Kyle in with it is just plain wrong. He's done his best and can only tell everyone else what Adire tells them. And I'm sure Kyle is finding out as soon as possible. I've emailed Adire before and even called and left messages. Response time was not exactly prompt on each occassion. Sometimes it was almost immediate. Things happen. I just think you were going a little too far by calling them all liars.

I absolutely think customer service is important. I also think you are not giving Adire and Kyle enough credit for what they do on a daily basis. One instance comes up (that being you getting your Tumult and knowing every little detail from start to finish) and all of the sudden Adire and Acoustic Visions have bad track records with honesty and customer support....PLEASE...

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
In some ways I agree with Seth... Nothing worse than buying something and not knowing what the f*** is up.. I bought a Cinepro amp off a guy on Ebay and he told me he would email me as soon as I paypaled him with the shipping info and tracking number.. What actually happened is about a week later the amp showed up on my doorstep without a single communication.. A couple days after I paypaled him, I thought I got ripped off and was phoning Visa, Paypal, etc, basically freaking out, not a good way to do business.. When I sell something to someone, its like I get paid and bam, I ship it, send tracking numbers immediately and soon as I see it arrived, I email and ask if he's satisfied, etc.. If I can't get it out, I email promptly and explain why and then when I do get it out, I email right away.. that is how you do business.. I don't mind if it is delayed, just keep me in the loop and don't bullshit me.. (not talking about Kyle or Dan just a general statement).. In this day and age, it aint hard to do an email to 50 people with a 2 sentence explaination of what is up, especially when you got peoples money.. Again, I have a lot of respect for Kyle and Dan and am not talking about them, just a general comment.

Craig

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
REALITY CHECK.....

Adire is a VERY small company run by a dedicated group of some of the nicest, most friendly and helpful people in audio today.

Right now most of those people are probably at the CES trying to earn a living.

For more than 3 yrs I've dealt with everyone at Adire (Dan, David, Brian, etc, etc). and ALL have bent over backward to be gracious and generous of their time, knowledge, and experience

Dan has spent HUNDREDS of hours online custom designing INDIVIDUAL subs for members of THIS forum and others. And a like number of hours problem solving designs where people messed up, because they lacked the mental horsepower to understand the most elemental aspects of sub design

People want to come here and diss him? I don't think so.....

If a person is so entitled that they think the world revolves around them; because they buy a single driver at a preproduction price, and the delivery has been delayed, then that person is one sorry human being......

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Thomas,

if that is directed at me, I wasn't talking about Dan or Kyle.. I have bought a couple of pretty much every sub that Adire makes, and Dan has been helpful everytime with the many calls/emails, I love Adire.. I was talking in general terms and about other transactions I've had.. A little info goes a long way.. I've got my Tumult already so either way, this issue doesn't even apply to me..

Craig

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Craig
No certainly not meant for you. It was more a general 'to whom it may concern' or 'if the shoe fits' rant ;)

Todd Shore

Stunt Coordinator
The comparison to Dell is apples and orangutans. Dell has a customer service DEPARTMENT. Customer service at Adire is likely just one hat worn by someone who is covering the responsibilities of several "departments".

Economy of scale lets Dell have software systems in place that link every department eliminating double manual entry of data. In small business, data (email addresses) must often be manually transferred from a web order to an address book, often on different computers that might or might not even be networked. Often it hits paper in between.

A lot of small businesses' accounting systems do not even link accounts payable and account receivables. They simply can't afford the software nor the outsourced labor rates to install and maintain it.

Choices have to be made. Do you ship the drivers on hand, or instead have that person send out emails to those that aren't getting one out of this shipment? If so, do you also send emails out to those that aren't getting theirs because the drivers on hand aren't shipping because status emails were considered more important?

Shipping by order date isn't really a consideration. Who is going to sit and sort the orders by date? What other task are they going to have to leave undone while they do this?

The idea that a small business has systems in place to take a web order, track its status, and be setup for emailing of status just isn't realistic. It is IDEAL, but ideal doesn't exist in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks