Can we get a Tumult update?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth_L, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Kyle or Dan,
    What's the status of our drivers? When should we be expecting them?
    ( and please no bragging from our northern neighbors about how you already have yours [​IMG] )
    Seth

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Adire let me know earlier this week that they would be in stock later this week (today or tomorrow) and will ship out at that time.

3. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Will they be including the book "Home Repair for Dummies" ? I hear the section about drywall and plaster repair is quite good.

Seth

4. Greg Yeatts

Greg Yeatts Second Unit

My Tumult will be under a window. I hope they have a good window replacement tutorial as well.

5. Lets not forget the most important chapter (with a very long title!):

Chapter1: How to convince your wife that the shattered windows and cracked drywall are the result of an earthquake that she slept through the other night....and that the measly 5.0 wasn't worthy enough for Caltech to document.

(I think that is a west coast only chapter though)

6. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

*bump*

7. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Any luck e-mailing either of them?

8. Greg Yeatts

Greg Yeatts Second Unit

Jack

Did you order a Tumult and a Stryke AV series?

9. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Nah, My Tumult order will have to wait 'till I'm done playing with my AV-12. Actually, the way the Stryke is shaping up, I may not need anything else. [​IMG]

11. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

I know. It looked insincere as soon as I typed it. I want one just to hold.

12. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

13. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

14. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Seth,
    I am feeding information to everybody as soon as I receive it from Adire and am not trying to hide anything and resent the accusation very much.
    When I said they were shipping they were doing just that and I also said that not all orders would be filled as well. Preorder numbers exceeded expectations and the number of motors that were prebuilt causing the build house to scramble to order more motors. That is when the problem with the voice coils appeared AFTER the build house received them. Of course it was a couple weeks before this was known because there is something called "shipping time".
    Also, you state that only a few drivers shipped. Do you know how many? Just because you havent seen many posts on this forum you assume only a couple people received them? There are many people that dont frequent this forum that purchased and I know of a few that do frequent and have not posted of the results of their received Tumults.
    You have to realize that the Holidays are a tough time to get things out because many companies down the supply chain shut down for 1-2 weeks and, unfortunately, this is out of our hands and we must deal with it. Because of this, communication can be slower than normal because nobody is around to answer e-mails or update the build house, Adire, or myself as to the status of parts. Dan is also gone this week for CES and I will be attending starting tomorrow as well. There are still people at Adire that will be shipping out product but you will not get any forum updates because Dan will not be by his computer most of the time if at all. Will you assume that he or I are hiding something since we will not post for a few more days until we return?
    I know the wait is difficult and frustrating but please realize that we are not trying to hide anything and I am passing along the exact information I receive as soon as I receive it.

15. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Yes, John can be difficult to get in touch with sometimes. But remember that in the grand scheme of things these companies are small fry. Also, with CES coming up there are a ton of things to do. And if you haven't seen in some of the other threads, John has a few things in his personal life to attend to. Let's not forget that behind Adire, Stryke, etc... are human beings with the same stresses of everyday life that everyone else has...add to that the hundreds of people on the message boards moaning about this that and the other thing...
    The only reason these drivers are seeming to take so long getting out is b/c we knew about them before hand. In the case of the Tumult, we knew about it before it even existed in any form! Most companies that all of the sudden come up with a new driver have been working on those projects for a long time and make nothing/very little public until the driver is 100% ready. Stryke and Adire aren't taking longer, we just know about it sooner. Because the companies care enough to keep us informed. Seriously.
    What if size was a huge concern for you but you wanted reference level bass. If you did not know the Tumult was coming out then you would go ahead and buy two Tempests and resolve to live with the huge cabinet size (and the SOF always bitching about it). Then a few months later a new driver comes out that would have solved all your problems. Now you have the dilemma of sticking with what you've got or selling your drivers and building a new cabinet. What a PITA...fortunately, we knew it was coming and were given the option of waiting or buying what was available then.
    I'm sorry life isn't 100% perfect for some people and they feel the need to concoct theories of lies and deceit to account for the fact that they don't have a 15" sub driver...things could be worse.

16. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

17. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

18. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

it tool a month to get a poster shiped to me ups ground from wa. did they charge you yet for your woofer? if they dident then they proabley wernt shiped yet. i pre ordered a av15 and i have not ben charged yet. i bet they will charge my acount when they ship the woofer out or when they get then in to ship.
    by the way what type of warentee do the av15 have?
    there is olny usaly 2 things that break a sub mis use and defects.

thanks.

19. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

20. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter