What's new

can we expect any heavyweights reviews? (1 Viewer)

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
its friggin' full screen, i know. but i just need something to tide me over until the 4th. it's my birthday present. wooo.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
some sites are saying this wave of disney titles is in widescreen afterall. has anyone gotten any of these dvds?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Disney will do like they did in A Bug's Life and specially create a full screen version without pan & scanning. They'll just digitally turn everyone skinny in order to fit them all on the screen.

AaronJB

Second Unit
I have "Blank Check" - a Disney family catalog title from this week. It's pan & scan on the cover, although I haven't checked it yet.

I also have The Ref (Spacey/Leary), Boys (Winona Ryder), Green Card and Gone Fishin', which are all listed as being 1.85:1 widescreen (haven't checked whether or not they are anamorphic yet.)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The artwork clearly shows Fullscreen, but so did Jungle 2 Jungle and that was non-anamorphic widescreen.

And the one I've been waiting on...

Stupid Disney. We wait six years for these DVDs and they wind up being less than their very first DVD efforts (which were letterboxed and with a trailer). What a letdown. :frowning:

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Hey Luke, which site did you get the back pics from?

I didn't know Jungle 2 Jungle was widescreen after all, might have to pick that one up. That sucks about Heavyweights, I actually thought it was going to be widescreen after all, oh well at least it isn't 2.35:1 or anything that would be a slaughterhouse for pan and scan. Wish Blank Check hadn't gotten the widescreen shaft too. I just realized how good Paramount is about kid films in widescreen, take a look at their upcoming release of Good Burger, give that to Disney and it would have got full frame for sure, probably every other studio would do the same too.

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
Hey Travis,

They're from dvdempire.com (if you right click on an image in IE and select properties, it'll tell you the URL for the image), which is a good source for cover images.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info on the back pics. If there was a cover art for Super Mario Bros. I could check that out. I think they have a cover for 3 Ninjas though...

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
New Line put both widescreen and full frame versions on the same disc for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3 plus the rest of their family titles. There's plenty of room left on these discs so I don't see what the problem would be for Disney to do this. They probably think kids wouldn't be able to choose which one to watch but when was the last time you saw a kid rushing to the store for Blackbeard's Ghost or The Absent Minded Professor?

I used to think they were just transferring the laserdiscs but imdb has the LD listed as widescreen.

I checked the 3 Ninjas LD in case anyone's interested and it's full frame only...guess that doesn't hold much for the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks